dash illumination

wtfh4xx

1337 Gold Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
IS this the correct number of bulbs and the right type?

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you need to read the info i listed earlier.. i believe the bulb numbers are in those threads...

wtfh4xx

1337 Gold Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
These are the right numbers but Im wondering what the bulb number of the one you ADDED is...

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Lil_falco said:
These are the right numbers but Im wondering what the bulb number of the one you ADDED is...
the larger of the two.. and i used the replacement sockets for autometer gauges...

the size of the extra ones will depend on the socket you use..

wtfh4xx

1337 Gold Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
oc_civic said:
the larger of the two.. and i used the replacement sockets for autometer gauges...

the size of the extra ones will depend on the socket you use..
Right... What?

Kai, so Ill need to order 3 #194's and 2 #74's.

Now, what about sockets and guages?

"the size of the extra ones will depend on the socket you use.." Im only planning on putting in ONE extra... the "Larger of the two" bulbs.

gearbox

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
a word of advice, those premade led bulbs usually do not last very long. reason is almost every one of em is resistored for 12v, well when running the car puts out around 14v and sometimes as high as 15.5v so, expect them to slowly fail by being overpowered. should last no more than a year depending on how much you drive. i would only use those bulbs in dome lights and other apps where they wont be in constant use when the car is running.

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
gearbox said:
a word of advice, those premade led bulbs usually do not last very long. reason is almost every one of em is resistored for 12v, well when running the car puts out around 14v and sometimes as high as 15.5v so, expect them to slowly fail by being overpowered. should last no more than a year depending on how much you drive. i would only use those bulbs in dome lights and other apps where they wont be in constant use when the car is running.

im not really having any issues with mine and they have been done for some time now..

tjlucas

Banned
gearbox said:
the LEDs in the dash? u can just dim them

wtfh4xx

1337 Gold Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
tjlucas said:
the LEDs in the dash? u can just dim them
WERD.

And since OC_Civic didnt respodn to MY post I guess I got it right...

wtfh4xx

1337 Gold Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
thank you. And you mean "1 extra socket" right? for the ONE extra bulb...?

So 2 #194's, 2 #74's and 1 #168?

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Lil_falco said:
thank you. And you mean "1 extra socket" right? for the ONE extra bulb...?

So 2 #194's, 2 #74's and 1 #168?
pretty sure that168 and 194 are the same bulb...

and yeah that sounds about right.. although i used two extra bulbs.. you just have to put it together and SEE where YOU need more light.. thats where the extra bulbs come in;)

wtfh4xx

1337 Gold Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Wow... Well I have the same cluster as you so Im thinkign it would be a lot less confusing if you could possibly just order everything I need and have it shipped to me... Just compile a shopping cart and send me a copy of how much it will be. Ill send you the money and you can order them for me.

Im really confused so if you could help me out that would be awsome.

If youll help me out ill send you my shipping address in a pm.

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
oc_civic said:
pretty sure that168 and 194 are the same bulb...

and yeah that sounds about right.. although i used two extra bulbs.. you just have to put it together and SEE where YOU need more light.. thats where the extra bulbs come in;)
i just bought a house.. my wheel bearing has been f**ked for 2 weeks now and im JUST fixing it sunday... so that gives you some idea of the limited amount of time i have.. its very simple..

get the bulbs to replace the cluster ones...

NEXT add additional bulbs to illuminate dim spots

thats all really..

wtfh4xx

1337 Gold Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
kai, but you mentioned sockets... Will the lights come with sockets or no?

wtfh4xx

1337 Gold Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member

tjlucas

Banned
just put in 12V LEDs in my dash. hot and cold spots were a problem, i solved it though by puting the bulbs in at an angle. if you do install these bulbs in ur car they will burn out unless u connect a resistor(not sure what resistance), or if u make sure they are always dimmed.

thx for the advice about the leds, happy with the look

* (found LEDs at wallmart)