dash lights dont work

v-teg

5+ Year Member
whats going on guys....the other day my dash lights and cluster lights stopped working...I swapped out the cluster to see if it was that and it didnt work for my cluster either....i checked the instrument fuse under the steering wheel and it was good.....so i have ran out of ideas so if anyone can help out thanks by the way its for a 00 civic ex...

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
maybe your dimmer gave out

ricerboy140

EK Jake
5+ Year Member
yeah that happened to me to and i cant get them to work... dimmer where is that and how do i fix it?? i work at advanced auto and autozone so i can get my hands on almost any little part

v-teg

5+ Year Member
if the dimmer gave out would that mean the lights on the climate control would stop working?....cuz my buddy his cimate control lights dont work but his cluster still does.

subsonic-civic

5+ Year Member
if the dimmer gave out would that mean the lights on the climate control would stop working?....cuz my buddy his cimate control lights dont work but his cluster still does.
same. my cluster lights work fine, my climate control buttons work fine, but my 3 climate control knobs dont light up. its annoying.

Clutch5060

5+ Year Member
if none of your lights work.. check the connection to your battery.. it happened to me, i changed the cluster and the dimmer switch... i checked the connection from the batter its on the driver side, directly past the firewall.. i dont remember which wire though. hope this helps.

novax7

5+ Year Member
I've had this happen to me before.

You probably have a failed dimmer switch/knob, which is located next to the cruise control switch behind the steering wheel on the left side. There's no need to replace the cluster. Just pop the bad boy out and swap in a new one. Good to go.

Ek4C707

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yeah same here the other day my cluster light went out and the heater light doesn't either but the buttons work. The only thing that isn't on is the red/blue light for the heater/cooler and the cluster. the cruise and all that works. i was launching my car and the light just turned off. what do you guys think happened?

v-teg

5+ Year Member
I've had this happen to me before.

You probably have a failed dimmer switch/knob, which is located next to the cruise control switch behind the steering wheel on the left side. There's no need to replace the cluster. Just pop the bad boy out and swap in a new one. Good to go.
thanks i just picked up a dimmer switch goin to check it out tonight and let you guys know whats happens

v-teg

5+ Year Member
so today i changed out the dimmer and nothing still.......the wierd thing is when i hit the alarm the cluster and dash lights flash on and off but dont stay on ............any other suggestions b4 i bring it to honda

v-teg

5+ Year Member
so today i changed out the dimmer and nothing still.......the wierd thing is when i hit the alarm the cluster and dash lights flash on and off but dont stay on ............any other suggestions b4 i bring it to honda

Ek4C707

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
anyone know where the dash fuse is or the dimmer fuse is? pictures will help. thanks

v-teg

5+ Year Member
anyone know where the dash fuse is or the dimmer fuse is? pictures will help. thanks
if its the instruments lights fuse its under the stering wheel its a 7.5 fuse......it would show you on the fuse cover where exactly the fuse is if you have it