Dash removal and replacement.

hundredwatt

5+ Year Member
Hey, I removed my dash to paint it gun metal, and i don't know if i can get it back in, It looks like i may have to remove the steering wheel, I want to put it back in with a bit more finess than the way it came out, don't want to lose the new paint job you know. Someone help!

MasterShake

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
how the hell did you get it out without removing the steering wheel?

hundredwatt

5+ Year Member
I am not sure, I worked it around for about an hour, and was no closer to getting it out, then all of the sudden it popped out!

MasterShake

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
wow umm, i guess taking the steering wheel off would be a good start, and wrap the corners with painters tape.

hundredwatt

5+ Year Member
I wound up having to drop the steering column to the floorboard since i had no wheel puller, i tried to force it in like it cam out, wound up with a spider cracked windshield. DO NOT FORCE IT, to anyone who reads this.

12.8:1 Ls/vtec

IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAND!!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
A steering wheel puller is very inexpensive and easy to use. You should be able to get one at advance auto parts.

hundredwatt

5+ Year Member
Plastic and vinyl. I just used engine paint for the green, and duplicolor for the gunmetal, gonna take it back out and spray about 5 coats of clear on it in a few days. I didn't get a single paint flake for the whole installaion, removed, painted, and reinstalled all interior from 5 today until 2 am.
You can take the steering column dash bolts off and pull the column down enough to get the dash over the wheel. The gunmetal, and green was an awsome combination!

EG_CaSe

ScAre CrOw
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
12.8:1 Ls/vtec said:
A steering wheel puller is very inexpensive and easy to use. You should be able to get one at advance auto parts.

i havnt needed to use one so far.. just 1 or 2 good pulls and the wheel pops right off.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
EG_CaSe said:
i havnt needed to use one so far.. just 1 or 2 good pulls and the wheel pops right off.
:werd: I'm not sure if I could get my wheel off, but i've seen a couple different guys manage to pull it off when needed.

Jas0n

What's up dogz!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
go to autozone and rent one for free

buzzbombtom

captin sleep0
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you do not need a wheel puller to put the dash in or out. it just takes time to put it in and take it out.

Inigo Montoya