Dash/Tail Light Problem

fl_guy5

5+ Year Member
I'm driving a 93 Civic SI hatcback and I am having a problem with my dash and tail running lights. Before I go and tear apart my dash looking for a connection problem, I wanted to see if anyone else had some knowledge to share.

Basically, when I turn on my light switch the headlights come on, but the dash, license, and rear running lights don't come on. Occasionally they will just decide to pop on or off, and I have noticed if I slap the flat area right in front of the instrument cluster that that will sometimes make them come on. All of the fuses seem to be ok. Since it is intermittent and the slapping thing kind of works, I think it may be the switch or something loose in the wiring. Anyone else ever seen this, and better yet, can someone point to the fix? Thanks up front for any help.

Becks18

5+ Year Member
I have the exact same problem. im going to just take it arapt and see

blackEG

5+ Year Member
i got same problem too. ryt now my dash dont work anymo. let me kno if you find out wats wrong wit it

89hatchrider

the shadow conspiracy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
its in the wiring the you dont have to take the dash out the intrament panel comes out easy just follow the wireing and you will find your problems, corrosion, bare wires, etc... good luck..

tomy53

5+ Year Member
well same problem here dudes i check the dimmer and switch it and still didnt work i connect the red wire from the dimmer to the power source and dash lights up but still cant figure how it will work you think its a relay?

Timmy_B

civic in progress
5+ Year Member
yeah i got the dash light problem.. it's the wires.. make sure all the wires are not faulty or broken

tomy53

5+ Year Member
yeah i got it its the dimmer too sometimes i went to the junk yard 10 times and it didnt work so i went to wal mart and bought a switch and it works YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!