Dash?

CScivic22

5+ Year Member
is it hard to replace the dash? i have a gray dash/interior i kinda want black but it might just be pointless to do. not sure so give me some pointers. thanks

AlexM

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Old one comes out and new one goes in. Same screws, washers etc. As long as you remember what went where you should be fine. Only problem would be making sure all the wiring goes back the same place. Or else you'll end up with short wires that don't reach where you want them too. I haven't dont it personally but I've opened it up a decent amount. Doesnt look too complex.

CScivic22

5+ Year Member
is there any site that has step by step instructions with pictures so i can get a better idea? i am trying to get the jdm center audio console but i keep finding it in black and i think it would look like i got two different car parts mixed together cuz my interior is gray. i might just keep it gray but the black add on might not look to great.

EG Hatch

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Again, i just replied to your last thread. I took out my dash and dyed it black. there is a how to somewhere. right now i dont have time to look for it. but if you need it i might be able to do it later on. it is harder than people say. i broke my windsheild.

PBzAllan

k swapped
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
howd you break your windsheild?

its not hard at all

just look in the helms manuel its only 7 bolts holding down the dash

if you need the helms pm me

EG Hatch

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
^^^ yeah i need helms, i will pm you. um... i broke it due to me being lazy. i know it isnt that hard. i had everything out except the steering wheel. make sure you remove it or else you will get a broken window as well.

PBzAllan

k swapped
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
^^^ yeah i need helms, i will pm you. um... i broke it due to me being lazy. i know it isnt that hard. i had everything out except the steering wheel. make sure you remove it or else you will get a broken window as well.
you dont remove it you just drop the steering column.... just so its out of your way and you dont break any of the turn signal or wiper knobs when your pulling the dash out

one6

Shorts and Sandals FTW!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Here you go man, this is all you need. Clicky!
I used it to do my swap. Just follow it step by step and you'll be fine. It's got tons of great pics. My dash swap came out flawless and I owe it all to this DIY.

usdm.ehtu

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
You DONT have to remove your steering wheel or drop the steering column. Easier way would be just to unscrew the windshield wiper arm and turning signal. It's held on by 2 screws and a plug, each arm. If you take off the wheel its more of a pain cause when you put it back on you have to set it and make sure its straight. The dash itself it held on by like 3 or 4 screws. Took me an hour to remove my old one and put my new one in with no help. But then again I knew what I was doing before hand.

one6

Shorts and Sandals FTW!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I think that dropping the steering column is gonna make it easier to maneuver the old dash out and the new dash in. All you really have to do is straighten up your wheels, take some nail polish or a paint marker, and draw a line (before completely removing the steering wheel) on the steering wheel and the grooves on the rack so you could line it up again. It's a piece of cake.

EG Hatch

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I have a CX so the option of dropping the column doesn't exist for me. I know what you are all saying. I tried to remove those signal and wiper arms. I guess you live and learn. I now know how to do it properly.

usdm.ehtu

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I have a CX so the option of dropping the column doesn't exist for me. I know what you are all saying. I tried to remove those signal and wiper arms. I guess you live and learn. I now know how to do it properly.
I got a cx too so wipers was the way to go for me. At first I didnt know how, takes like 2 min to do both sides. When I took out the dash I had no prob going over the wheel. got jiggle it a bit but it'll budge.

usdm.ehtu

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Heres a pic of my interior swap. Everything from blue to black...and i mean everything... even the misc pieces like the gas and trunk lever thingy.. I couldnt drive it knowing there was a bit of blue left in it.... its better to get a black dash then to paint it imo.

Ugly blue...yay?

Crazy tite black yo!

EG Hatch

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
^^^ im the exact way as you. i painted every little thing. i cant stand knowing that i didnt change something. i wouldve much rather just swapped for black but around here you cant find any trashed black interior ones.

usdm.ehtu

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
^^^ im the exact way as you. i painted every little thing. i cant stand knowing that i didnt change something. i wouldve much rather just swapped for black but around here you cant find any trashed black interior ones.
I get whole interiors dirt cheap around here. The local wrecker I go to they gave me a whole interior for 100 bucks. And by whole I mean every single thing in the car. Headlinder, carpet, dash, door panels, rear panels, steering wheel, cluster, climate control, seats, seat belts, rear seats...EVERYTHING. The one I got was minttt. No one here ever touches the interior, just engine and interior parts. I see the dash alone on ebay going for 100 plus shipping which is a rip off.

EG Hatch

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
all i can say is, you are lucky. i could only wish for that. this autowrecker here is trying to charge me 125 for a rusted hatch. no way. what you get that for?

usdm.ehtu

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
all i can say is, you are lucky. i could only wish for that. this autowrecker here is trying to charge me 125 for a rusted hatch. no way. what you get that for?
like a hatch do u mean the rear hatch tailgate thingy? 125 is to much, I can get it for 20 bux