dashboard lights

Karten

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well, ive been reading here for a while now and now i am stumped, i have done so much in the dyi you guys post just to learn and have fun with and i read here a post someone posted on how they changed their whole interior lights from the white/green usdm lights to the jdm lights and they took pics of the steps and did a nice job on it. Well i can't seem to find it now, ive serached and given up hope, maybe someone here can help me. The guy has a funny pic of him laying on the pasanger chair which i remember to maybe help you guys. Thx

evan2

Search owns you
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
that is prob bailey from honda-tech so search there
its not hard and im not going to tell you how to take apart a dash or interior parts

you want amber guage cluster
take out guage cluster find all the bigger bulbs that run the lights for it, get a orange sharpie and color then orange
i did it

or u can use paint... sharpie is far easier

same for climate control...

AqueousFila

Keeping it Tru'
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The marker markings dont mess up? Cuz those bulbs get really damn hot....

Edit:
I've tried painting the bulb with engine paint cuz i cant find any bulb paint and it sprays too think and uneve...
I've tried using a marker now, it doesnt stick....
I want blue bulbs damnit!

Last edited:

hondadna

Rep the 330!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
try superbrightleds.com they have 74(92-95) led in ten colors and they have 194 (96+)

AqueousFila

Keeping it Tru'
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I bought the 194 Bulbs from Autozone already colored blue but only one bulb would fit into the gauge... the rest of the bulbs were small and Autozone didnt have those....

evan2

Search owns you
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
marker holds strong, better then the paint did..

Grafix Ink.

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i did a write up for this... does no one know how to search?

Mr. Lin

Admiral Ackbar
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
nd4sped said:
I just checked it out..man that was a pretty good How To..I liked how it looked afterwards too..I think I might try that...Or just get some really bright white ones.
White has been proven to mess with your night vision.
Red is less stressful. That's why BMWs come with red guage lights stock =)

evan2

Search owns you
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

there are mine, with the sharpie
i neeed a updated one becuase its much better now
i had two smaller bulbs in there becuase of a mishap with paint
so i could only find smaller ones
was at junk yard and jacked a few reg size ones..

nd4sped

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Mr. Lin said:
White has been proven to mess with your night vision.
Red is less stressful. That's why BMWs come with red guage lights stock =)
Im not talking abou tso white that you cant see..Just a bit brighter becaue the guy who owned the car befoer em put in indiglos but wired them up wrong and its hard for teh stock white light to show through.

evan2

Search owns you
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you know know there is a knob to adjust the brightness... i hope you know this....

Red

You Tax Dollars at Work!
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ditto

hondadna said:
try superbrightleds.com they have 74(92-95) led in ten colors and they have 194 (96+)
Yep. I've posted this same thing in the MANY topics about changing console color. If you have $20 and can remove a bulb from your cluster.... then you can have just about any color you want.

AqueousFila

Keeping it Tru'
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i have a 00 and there was only 1 194... what are the little tiny ones? if anyone needs pics of the back i can take em, if you can help me

Atheist

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I do really like amber, not even for JDM bling, it just looks nice. Might try this if we catch one more warm day.