Daytime running lights on a USDM model?

Naught260

5+ Year Member
It's my understanding that Canadian 5th gens were equipped with a circuit for daytime running lights while US models were not.

However, my US-spec car has daytime running lights. I'm confused.

Were they an available option or something? I suppose a previous owner could have retrofitted the circuit, but it doesn't seem likely...

Any guesses?

DxHatchback

Do you have pictures?

Do your head lights have nipples on them?

If not, you car has the J-spec lights which are plastic, have no nipples, and have DRLs (better known as 'city lights').

ImThaBean

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I am in the process of working up the courage to install my DRL kit that I got from a Canadian Civic.

To tell if you have OEM DRL's, look under the hood, on the drivers side corner by the firewall and the cannon plugs. there should be a box there, it has a big yellow sticker on it, that's the DRL resistor box. There"s also a relay under the dash on the drivers side fender. IF neither of those are on there, its a aftermarket setup.

Naught260

5+ Year Member
I love my DRLs. Going to look tomorrow to see if that box is there. I don't think it is though.

Naught260

5+ Year Member
Well I looked and I couldn't find anything that looked remotely like that resistor box.

These are the lights in question. They're on whenever the ignition is. Are they something else?

2NRSTV

Team Exile/ADO Garage
Registered VIP
Wait, are you talking about the corner lights? The amber lights/blinkers? I think the guy that had the car before you just wired it up to the ignition.