Dc header install d16y8

Eric1998Coupe

5+ Year Member
Bought a used dc header with no hardware included. Will the oem exhaust manifold have all the hardware I need to install this new header? If not what size size nuts and bolts are needed to connect the top of the header to the downpipe?

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you should be able to use the nuts/bolts that you'll take off

Eric1998Coupe

5+ Year Member
Ok thanks. So there will be 3 nuts and bolts that I can use from the exhaust manifold to connect my 4-2-1 header together?

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yessir, everything is direct.

Jersey8

B20: Detroit Muscle!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
it really depends on the thickness of the flanges and how rusty the stock nuts/bolts/studs are. if the flanges are thicker than stock, the bolts may not be long enough. i honestly don't know the thread size or anything, but why not remove one stock nut and/or bolt and take it to the hardware store to find out?

it wouldn't hurt to use fresh hardware, especially because the high temperature application causes the corrosion coating on the hardware to breakdown quickly, allowing them to rust eventually.

Eric1998Coupe

5+ Year Member
Yeah ended up going to autozone and getting new hardware and gaskets. Didn't get it finished though because the bolts are pretty rusted and corroded. Sprayed a good amount of wd-40 and can hopefully get this on by tomorrow after work if I have the time. Thanks for all the reply's!

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Even if you bought a new one it wouldn't have come with hardware.

Eric1998Coupe

5+ Year Member
Yeah I saw that while browing in the faq's on dc sports page. Everything's all good now that I found the right size =) just need to get those rusty bolts off!