DC header question

ExcelcivicSi

JDM Biatch
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ok now for my 2nd noob question

my friend also would like to buy a DC 421 header for his lx, yet again they make nothing for the 01 lx auto civic. anyone have a header on their lx? i was think if the ex header would fit on the lx? but i have no idea on the specs of each car..any info would be appreciated.

civicvtec1ps

7thgencivic.com Mod
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Will not fit. Unless you change down pipe.
But it is possible.
Just get kamakaze header.

SlammedBlueEM2

Brunettes > Blondes
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ah... that header sucks. I remember we had a discussion about this before and I completely forgot that my friend had his car dynoed with that header on.

A 5HP gain did not see the light of day. There are better headers out there.

EDIT: This is regarding the DC header. Kamikaze's however is completely the opposite.

CloudKICKA

Wood Member...
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I got an OBX R header on my 2003 LX an EX header will not fit unless custom work is done. Make sure the 02 censor plug is there, and actually there is two, one before and one after the cat, which is actually part of the stock exhaust manifold on the LX and DX models only. Not EX. This will be your biggest problem, once you take off the stocky, and put the new header on your car will sound like an old 1979 beat up VW bug, because you will have no CAT, and probably won't pass smog. What I did is had a high flow CAT put onto my stock down pipe after the new header at the local Muffler shop as well as 2 in. piping all the down. While doing that I got that stupid resonator removed right next to my exhaust. In addition I had the guy weld an 02 sensor slot right after the CAT to where I needed to reroute the 2nd O2 sensor from the stock exhaust manifold. If you don't do this you will have a light that pops up on your dash that tells you or the guy doing your smog that your sh_tz been tampered and you might not pass... The sensor thing was not that big of a deal if you can handle that little light 4ever, I couldn't, but the sound of the car w/o the cat was sh_tty, you definitely need to get a cat put on, this is for the 2001+ DX & LX models only, the EX id completely diiferent.........peace

LogicalNonsense

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Excel from what I have heard the Kamikaze is the best bang for the buck. I noticed that you were in Cali. Just make sure your friend keeps his stock manifold, because he will not pass emissions with the Kamikaze. The Kamikaze removes the Cat. He can swap in the stock exhaust manifold in when emissions time comes.

dmullen

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It all depends on what you are looking for. The DC Header does not suck. It improved my low end from stock. I tried both the HP shorty and the Kamikaze header (also a shorty) on my 2001 EX Coupe and to me both of them sucked. I had no low end at all. I can see how they might work better with a PnP, bigger throttle body, etc. but as far as just an I/H/E combo the DC Sports was a nice improvement in my case.

nerd217

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hey i was thinking of getting an OBX header for my 2004 lx. i'm getting it because it's inexpensive and i'm gonna get rid of it once i go turbo. i've gotten mixed reviews on it. hearing that it's good for the price cause it's kind of a copy of the kamikazi. i was wondering what u guys really think. i would also like info of what kind of gains came out of it and the difficulty of the installation. thanks in advance

em2civic

5+ Year Member
dc however is the only carb legal headers for the em2. For an lx you would need to do an ex conversion because no one makes headers for lax because the 02 sensor is on the header than the cat

redSi215

EVA LONGORIA IS HOT
5+ Year Member
is it better to get a 4-2-1 dc header or a 4-1 for a 00 civic si......just curious to know if theres actually less restriction in the 4-1 or does it really not mattter?

joshb_

FB6
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
best thing for a lx is getting a stock ex header, bringing to a fab shop and having them extend it to make it fit. That way you will lose your cat and still have smaller runners for ok back pressure. you will feel a good gain but you will need some sort of MIL elminator.