DC5 or 09 Si

FTVZimmy

5+ Year Member
I think its about time to let my little one go. ( EM1 ). Time to move on to something a little quicker.
I went to Honda yesterday to finally check out the new Si and test drive it. i fell in love with it omg. It was
everything i thought it could be. The guy is giving me a good deal. 09 Si coupe in black with navi for 19k. what a deal. Then i see outside at the used lot. An 06 rsx type s white on black with the body kit and with 11k on the engine. what a rare gem. and if anyone knows about K engines thats the one to get k20z1. s**t now i really need to think about what one i really want. The RSX 11k still under warranty or a new Si. Both great cars, So what do you guys think? go with the rare rsx or the new Si?

Noodler

I wear socks
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
the si has a better interior imo. the digital gauge cluster and what not. the rsx would be faster and exterior wise more superior.

depends on what you want though. I lean towards the si though. but a white rsx is kinda rare and has more potential than the si.

i'd say flip a coin

btw i drive my cousin's 04 dc5 and my uncle's 06 4dr si occasionally and i like the si interior way more, seats are way better.

Kensai

♪♫♪♫♪~
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
/\
What he said. RSX's interior looks like a fooking rental car.

Sjdmem1W

5+ Year Member
dc5 man. get it. peakboost it. and love it.

check my buds 03 dc5 on clubrsx stoopidc5.

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I would recommend the RSX. Ive driven both DC5's and FG2's, and I can say that the throttle response is definitely better in the DC5. The new Si's come with Drive By Wire, which is pretty much an electronic throttle. There is throttle lag when you step on the gas, some people are okay with it, but it bugs the s**t out of me.
I really like the interior of the new Si, the seats are really sporty and comfy. The RSX interior is more luxurious because it is leather. I like how DC5 seats mimic S2000 seats. They are really comfortable, and give you a bucket seat feel.
I cant say anything about the suspension because I didnt drive them aggressively, but I can tell you that they both come with shitty Macpherson Strut suspension. :/

Test drive both dude, see which you like best. Im looking into purchasing a 05-06 RSX towards the beginning of next year. 6 speed FTMFW.

jonathan2006

D17A2 User
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
dc5
cant use kpro with the new si's
only a reflash
and 8thgens look like spaceships

Zee

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Cant go wrong with either. I would get the si because of the more available interior space and both have nearly the same HP. What kit does the RSX have though?

ItsAnEP3

Twin Turbo
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
dc5 man. get it. peakboost it. and love it.

check my buds 03 dc5 on clubrsx stoopidc5.
I know Romell. Has he ran his car at the track since he put the peakboost kit on? I know he was running 14.5's with i/rh/e.

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
8th gen Si comes with a k20z3, RSX-S comes with a k20a2. What the f**k is a k20z1????

matt96ex

3 pedals ftw
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
k20z1 is the motor in the 04? and up type s's i believe.