ddmtuning

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I have a ddm H.I.D. kit in my civic that has been in there for a couple years now. Been very happy with it.

That being said, I am in the middle of doing a retrofit with some mini morimoto H1s. I currently have H4s and obviously need H1s so I thought it to be a no-brainer to go with ddm for another kit.

I am going on 2 weeks now with a no show. After a week and a half passed I emailed them and said that I wanted my order canceled because there was NO communication and they haven't even sent them out. Magically the next day, I get an email from them saying that they couldn't cancel my order as they have just shipped them out. Tracking number to follow. HOURS later, I get an email with a tracking number....THEY DROPPED SHIPPED THEM FROM HONG KONG!!!

Why they couldn't come out of California where the 2 stores are, I can't tell you. What I can tell you is that I am NEVER buying from them again.

It is true what they say...you get what you pay for. There is a reason they are so cheap. I am guessing that the quality now is going to be a LOT farther away from the kit I have in my car now that has done GREAT.

Going to drop the $150 for the H1 kit from hidplanet where I got my mini morimotos.

firejackal

5+ Year Member
I bought an H1 HID kit from ddmtuning as well but they turned out to the same exact cheap HID kit i ordered from ebay hk a few months before that. Even was packaged badly where stuff was falling out and holes in the box.
Now about a year after, both the ballasts stopped working and the bulbs are flickering.

I was going to return the ballasts and bulbs back to ddmtuning a few weeks after i bought them but they expected me to ship them at my cost, so i said fu to them and bought some other ones off of amazon and been happy sense.