1. New Forum Software:
    We have finally upgraded the forum software due to it being so outdated. If you are having any issues with new forum please let us know. Please post any issues in this thread http://www.clubcivic.com/forum/threads/clubcivic-com-forum-upgrade.227221/

ddmtuning

Discussion in 'Where and Where not to Buy from Online' started by lethal6, Mar 3, 2012.

Welcome to ClubCivic a Honda Civic Forum

Club Civic is an online Honda Civic forum and community for all Honda Civic enthusiasts. Whether you own a Honda Civic Si, Ex, Type R, Dx, Lx, Cx, Dx, Vx, or even a hybrid you will find valuable information and honda civic car parts on this site. Take a look around to view Honda Civic discussion; including a photo gallery, maintenance information, tech tips, as well as ways to get better performance from your Honda Civic. Visit the Members Ride's to view and rate other member’s Honda Civics. Click here to start viewing the Honda Civic Forums. Before you start posting on this site you will need to register. If you are already registered and not logged in, please login here.

Browse the forums by generation by clicking below or browse all honda civic forums.

1. lethal6

lethal6 Das Auto! Staff Member Registered VIP Registered OG 5+ Year Member

I have a ddm H.I.D. kit in my civic that has been in there for a couple years now. Been very happy with it.

That being said, I am in the middle of doing a retrofit with some mini morimoto H1s. I currently have H4s and obviously need H1s so I thought it to be a no-brainer to go with ddm for another kit.

I am going on 2 weeks now with a no show. After a week and a half passed I emailed them and said that I wanted my order canceled because there was NO communication and they haven't even sent them out. Magically the next day, I get an email from them saying that they couldn't cancel my order as they have just shipped them out. Tracking number to follow. HOURS later, I get an email with a tracking number....THEY DROPPED SHIPPED THEM FROM HONG KONG!!!

Why they couldn't come out of California where the 2 stores are, I can't tell you. What I can tell you is that I am NEVER buying from them again.

It is true what they say...you get what you pay for. There is a reason they are so cheap. I am guessing that the quality now is going to be a LOT farther away from the kit I have in my car now that has done GREAT.

Going to drop the $150 for the H1 kit from hidplanet where I got my mini morimotos.

2. firejackal

firejackal New Member

I bought an H1 HID kit from ddmtuning as well but they turned out to the same exact cheap HID kit i ordered from ebay hk a few months before that. Even was packaged badly where stuff was falling out and holes in the box.
    Now about a year after, both the ballasts stopped working and the bulbs are flickering.

I was going to return the ballasts and bulbs back to ddmtuning a few weeks after i bought them but they expected me to ship them at my cost, so i said fu to them and bought some other ones off of amazon and been happy sense.