dealer or OEM fog lights?

fabster

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I've been looking into adding fog lights to my 99 EX. I know where I can get original HONDA fog lights for it but I also see a ton of aftermarket OEM-like fog lights on ebay, etc. For anyone who's purchased the OEM-like ones, have they seem any different from original dealer ones?

Thanks!

Isk8DrugFree

5+ Year Member
fabster said:
I've been looking into adding fog lights to my 99 EX. I know where I can get original HONDA fog lights for it but I also see a ton of aftermarket OEM-like fog lights on ebay, etc. For anyone who's purchased the OEM-like ones, have they seem any different from original dealer ones?

Thanks!
i'll let you know when i put mine on today :D

Blazed

f**k The Powers That B
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
gewt the dealer ones..they r only liek $100 and change i believe..

fabster

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Well, I would rather put on the dealer ones, but the ebay ones would save me prolly $40 or so. So if they're the same, I'd go for oems. anyone else? Thanks.

hkt03

shootin' sparks on i290..
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
its a hit or miss sort of thing. i'd pay the extra $40 for the peace of mind that they wont be f**ked up or f**k up later on. fitment is flush 99% of the time with oem fogs.

now with the other ones, wiring isnt a snap most of the time, fitment is 50/50 and i've read people's comments about how theirs fried only days after the installation.

up to you..

96greencivic

#1 in the Atlantic!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Get the OEM ones. They aren't much more expensive and you'll get the OE quality.

bmoua

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
well i have the knock offs and fitment isnt oem but looks decent....i got them for $130

bmoua

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
legendking said:
You can get the OEM ones for $125
true...haha...but where??is that with shipping??i got mine for $130 picked up...the lenses were painted yellow by the shop i bought it from...sucks ass but still looks okay...

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
krayziejcs said:
I'm lost

Honda dealer? what dealer you talking about?
The Honda dealer. You know, your local Honda dealership. :what:

xzodiackillerx

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I got oem ones for $80 from the dealer with the harness and switch .. added yellow protective film for $20 and $100 total to my door for oem yellow fogs that fit and look better than ebay

DaNksSi

5+ Year Member
xzodiackillerx said:
I got oem ones for $80 from the dealer with the harness and switch .. added yellow protective film for $20 and $100 total to my door for oem yellow fogs that fit and look better than ebay

does that really work does it look like jdm amber fog lights?