Dear former president clinton

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Jason, I have to disagree. I dont think that its the banks fault. Its called free competition. Its how the banks make money. The bank is not going to make much money on somebody who puts 80% down, has a straight 5% interest rate, and makes all their payments in time. They make a lot of money on people who cant even put 20% down with a variable interest rate. They make the money on interest so if someones payments are 40% interest, they just made a s**t ton more money. A bank is necessary to have around, and if thats how they want to make money then we have to play their game. Dont take out a mortgage unless there is a reasonable chance that you can afford it. Bottom line its the people who could not afford it at fault.

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Dude, that's pretty much one of the dumbest things I've ever heard you say. *facepalm*

i dont know.. it is pretty easy to kill someone with a car.. but that really was not even the point.. the point is that murder and crimes against one another existed long before the invention of the firearm.. and the means by which someone takes the life of another is irrelevant.. and people will.. continue to harm one another with and without the use of firarms..

Wolfy

Your mom's boyfriend
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i dont know.. it is pretty easy to kill someone with a car.. but that really was not even the point.. the point is that murder and crimes against one another existed long before the invention of the firearm.. and the means by which someone takes the life of another is irrelevant.. and people will.. continue to harm one another with and without the use of firarms..
I was more commenting on the fact that he said a bullet is easier to dodge than a car... it's not (obviously) easier to DODGE a bullet, but it IS easier to find sufficient cover.

I.E., I may not be able to dodge a bullet, but if I'm hit in my SAPI plate, all I'll get is a broken rib or two. It's easy for me to dodge that speeding car coming at me, but a SAPI plate ain't gonna do s**t if I have a Volvo traveling at 60mph hit my chest. :lol:

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dude, that's pretty much one of the dumbest things I've ever heard you say. *facepalm*
How? It's true.

A car can break tree's down, go through walls easily, ect.

Unless you have a high powered pistol/rifle, you're better off dodging a bullet. You can step to the side to dodge a bullet, you have to jump to the side to dodge a car, but even then, the car can turn. A regular bullet cannot change it's path without hitting something at an angle.

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jason, I have to disagree. I dont think that its the banks fault. Its called free competition. Its how the banks make money. The bank is not going to make much money on somebody who puts 80% down, has a straight 5% interest rate, and makes all their payments in time. They make a lot of money on people who cant even put 20% down with a variable interest rate. They make the money on interest so if someones payments are 40% interest, they just made a s**t ton more money. A bank is necessary to have around, and if thats how they want to make money then we have to play their game. Dont take out a mortgage unless there is a reasonable chance that you can afford it. Bottom line its the people who could not afford it at fault.
There's a difference between trying to make money, and completely ignoring the huge indications and cleaning up people credit so they can get a loan. They are there to make money, but if they start to be irresponsible with it like they were, it's their fault.

Wolfy

Your mom's boyfriend
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You can step to the side to dodge a bullet, you have to jump to the side to dodge a car, but even then, the car can turn. A regular bullet cannot change it's path without hitting something at an angle.
Okay man, let's arrange a meeting point, and you can stand say, 25 yards away from me, and I'll have a loaded M-9 pistol in my hand, and we'll see if you can dodge that s**t. :lol: