Debadging my trunk, what can I use to remove left over glue?

ekprimal

Hey everyone,

I debadged my trunk and theres still visible crust left behind from the glue used to hold the badges on. Also the person that owned the car before me decided to SUPER GLUE a doofy white honda logo emblem on the back. I was planning on heating it up witha blow dryer and plucking it off.

What should i use to remove the excess glue but also not damaging the paint?

Thanks

TokyoSkies

Boost Junkie
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
If it's super glued on, the paint is going to be damaged. Not much of a way around that. You can try using goof off, but it usually doesn't remove super glue.

DTvn

Acetone works

don't pour is straight on there but dab it and wipe dry a few times. Don't use too much or you could damage the paint.

Jlpz88

Registered VIP
I just used turtle wax label and sticker remover to debadge mines worked flawlessly

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
+1 on the acetone. Just be careful

96romaCX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
After its all said and done, hit the spot you removed the glue with some meguiars scratch X 2.0, a clean microfiber cloth, and serious elbow grease. It may take 3-4 applications but be patient cause it will help.

ekprimal

eraser wheel if you can get one
hmm interesting, i just looked into this. It seems to do wonders but do you think it will have any effect on crusted glue? like this stuff has been caked onto my car for YEARS. and its hard like rock. this would seem much easier than going over the spots with adhesive removers etc.

After its all said and done, hit the spot you removed the glue with some meguiars scratch X 2.0, a clean microfiber cloth, and serious elbow grease. It may take 3-4 applications but be patient cause it will help.
sounds good i'll give it a go!

Jermee

Registered VIP
I use eraser wheels. It works great. Doesn't hurt the paint, just don't keep it in the same area for a long time.

Sent from your moms house.