debadging trick

rolakers

Milkman Insane
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
There use to be a thread on here with a video where the guy was debadging a Subaru but I can't find it anymore.
I wanna debadge my new car and I forgot how he did it. I remember he used dental floss to get the emblem off then he sprayed it with Simple Green I believe and out a hair dryer to it, and it made the goooey stuff easy to come off.
Is this correct?? Does anyone have any tricks that make this process easier?? Last time I jst used me nails and my fingers were hurting for 2 days hahaha

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
dental floss or fishing line.

rolakers

Milkman Insane
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Genuine Rolla said:
dental floss or fishing line.

thanks yeah I know that, but what I'm not sure about is what he sprayed it with before he started using the hair dryer

wtfh4xx

1337 Gold Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I got a 96 civic EX but im not sure if I wanna debadge it... It looks cexah but would it look cleaner?

Maybe Ill just take off the Civic and EX Emblem and leave the H?

JDM-JNKY

In JDM We Trust
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
They sell some stuff at pepboy's in paint section that take's that sticky stuff off.'Ive used it myself work's well but can't remember what it's called the can's yellow that's all I remember.

Sundown

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Lil_falco said:
I got a 96 civic EX but im not sure if I wanna debadge it... It looks cexah but would it look cleaner?

Maybe Ill just take off the Civic and EX Emblem and leave the H?
Good idea... The H has two holes behind it, so "shaving" it is a little more difficult..

Mr. Lin

Admiral Ackbar
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i used goo gone and a library card.

BuiltforSin

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i used dental floss and goo gone. then clayed the area and waxed it. perfecto. had to go to a body shop and get the "H" out though.

91SIHatch

SOHC IT
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
they also make a piece to stick on a drill to take off the emblems glue it leaves behind, i forget what its made of but you can buy it at places that sell body shop stuff.......

Slept-n

The Walking Punchline ;-)
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i got lucky, mine came debadged when i bought her, i think it's extra clean with the "H"

Destroy

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Dunno about goo gone on paint, I use 3m adhesive remover.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nice. I actually wanted to debadge the Civic and EX off so I think I'm gonna go and do that now!