Decided not to turbo my car

daltonshirley68

I decided not to turbo my 92 honda civic hatchback cx stock just don't have the money or know how to do it and don't have money for a engine swap either so I guess I will join the lame group lol because I can't make my car fast or cool sorry guys maybe in the future idk

Sent from my SM-G530R4 using Tapatalk

dancam

Registered VIP
Ah well, better than trying to do it cheap or running out of money half way through!
Start saving up some money, do research, make plans and then do a good build that youll be happy with in a couple years.
Maybe buy a nice muffler for now to tide you over =)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I decided not to turbo my 92 honda civic hatchback cx stock just don't have the money or know how to do it and don't have money for a engine swap either so I guess I will join the lame group lol because I can't make my car fast or cool sorry guys maybe in the future idk
Fast and cool don't have to go together. There are plenty of fast cars that aren't at all cool and very nicely aesthetically modded cars on unmodified engines. Handle all the aesthetics to make it "cool" looking while you learn and save for a big engine mod.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Intake or exhaust? You could try jbweld if it's a small hole. If it's rusted or cracked I would replace it.

Not sure if jbweld would hold for exhaust manifold temps, but there's probably something equivalent.

daltonshirley68

Well I haven't got the heat shield off when I do that I will thank you guys for the help I want to get into loving civics but I do much about them now my first car was a civic and it was bad ass and now I got this piece of s**t one with no balls and not the funds to make it have balls

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
First off, how do you know there is a hole in your exhaust manifold? Do you mean a crack? If so, again how do you know you have one?

daltonshirley68

Idk if I do or not it's just the car is loud and there is exhust sound from under the hood and I hear a raddle sound when I Rev it up and the piping under the car seems fine

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Who cares?
It's better you realize this now instead of half assing it, not knowing what you're doing, having a half done project, and ending up like 75% of Honda fanboys' Civic "projects".

I drive a Civic, mine is auto, is not fast or "cool", but I don't care.
It's reliable, gets decent fuel econ., has good heat, parts are relatively cheap and readily available.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Idk if I do or not it's just the car is loud and there is exhust sound from under the hood and I hear a raddle sound when I Rev it up and the piping under the car seems fine

Rattle sound could actually be the heatshield. VERY common issue. Remove it and see if that noise goes away.