Definition of a rice car?

spook4thecia

Who Dat
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
MasterShake said:
watch f&f....
Dude it's on right now. I was telling my gf about that vid 2slow2..... the one that parodies the eclipse spin out scene. She couldn't care less.:lol:

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
xNOBOOSTx said:
i think rice is pointless modifications.
That's kind of a broad definition though.

I like power folding side mirrors... now do they really serve a purpose here in the states besides that i just like the look better? No, not really.

And lots of other parts are like that. My example might not be the best since they're still OEM parts... but that's the first thing that came to mind since I'm a huge fan of Honda parts.

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
for me the whole rice thing (when people still used that word) was simple.. over done, underperforming, sub par quality and the shitty know it all additude to go along with it..

a lot of things in this thread fit perfectly well in with a show car.. and a show car imo is not rice.. there is definately a quality factor to be taken into account...

damocivicturbo

5+ Year Member
Over here in the uk any jap car is a rice burner according to some people, even if it is completely stock. Voltswagon owners clubs over here and even some ford clubs hold no rice shows and ban anything japanese from entering!

connies96hatchie

Reinvent Your Shell!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
connies92hatchie said:
  • multi-colored project cars (where the front bumper is green from the factory, the hood is sanded white, the trunk is black, the side skirts are red, the rear bumper is blue, the fenders are gunmetal and the car is originally Pearl Green)
oc_civic said:
a lot of things in this thread fit perfectly well in with a show car.. and a show car imo is not rice.. there is definately a quality factor to be taken into account...
That's the worst looking show car I've ever seen Anthony ;)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
connies92hatchie said:
That's the worst looking show car I've ever seen Anthony ;)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
i wrote "a lot of things in this thread" and i was not refering to YOUR quote as one of them..;)

--<EM1>--

boosted ftw
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i always think of rice as country hicks trying to say "race"

Sundown

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
NOFX said:
I like power folding side mirrors... now do they really serve a purpose here in the states besides that i just like the look better? No, not really.
Back when I had my accord, i folded my mirrors in when I had to park on the street because a few people I knew had their mirrors knocked off by university transit busses or inconsiderate truck drivers.. So I guess they actually did have something of a function...

I actually think there isnt a concrete definition. Its all in your own perception of what is acceptable and what isnt. I personally think that unnecessary lights, unpainted bodykits, quad exhaust, and trying to be jdm are rice. But the next person is going to be perfectly ok with completely ripping out their carpet to replace it with authentic CTR carpet or installing sidemarkers..