degreeing stock cam

94civickid

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
will degreeing stock gsr cams in my b16 give any type of performance gains.....im not looking for a major gain obviously just curious as to what type of help it will actually do

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
gsr cams alone are slightly more aggressive than b16's, so degreeing should help just a tad more

94civickid

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
:word: i am a noob to cam degreeing and figured learning the process on a stock cam should be pretty smart and was just curious as to how it will benefit me only time will tell lol

Wax Hands

Smell my finger
Registered VIP
The only way to find out is going to the dyno and adjusting them there.

PhntmSk8r

H23VTEC
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Usually degreeing is only done on aftermarket cams, mainly because the lobes aren't always in line with the TDC mark. Obviously, different power gains at different RPM's and such can be had as well.

I've never read up on degreeing GSR cams, i suppose it could help but don't expect anything like an aftermarket cam would bring from fine tuning. You should see a small gain though (with tuning, and degreeing i could see maybe 5-7whp or so), i'd be impressed if you gained a decent amount.

Hit the dyno, find out, and post up the dyno charts when you're done :p

got traction

i rock the sohc
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you might make a little more top end power, but it will need to be done on the dyno.

Ej8civic96

performance cam on a auto vtec civic??

i had a question well i have a stock motor with no turbo but i have upgraded headers full exhaust and all that n ngk spark plugs and wires i was wondering can you upgrade the cam?? i have a sohc vtec civic d16y8 just want to know because i have heard of people getting after-market cams please let me know thanks o an its automatic pretty fast for an auto