EXcon279

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
haha yea no s**t

b16_delslow

"THE MAN"
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
personaly i love how cinical this forum can be. very few can just say "good job". im not saying that i always beat evos, or that ive ever beat them before, all im saying is that i raced one on that night, and by some chance of fate i happend to win. yes i know they are faster, yes i know i shouldve lost, and yes i know he was trying.

the funny part is if he had gotten on this forum and said that his evo got beat by a delsol you still wouldv doubted him and come up with some way that its his fault for losing. a win is a win, no i wont ever get to race like that at a track, but i did that night, and i did win.... get over it.

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
b16_delslow said:
personaly i love how cinical this forum can be. very few can just say "good job".
well excuse me if i dont believe everything i read on the internet.... you tell a story that sounds very far fetched and wonder why people dont just roll over and believer your e-racing story? did i tell yah about the time i beat a porsche 911 turbo? the driver was trying really hard to beat me too..... if i dont tell people it was my young sis driving it that didnt know how to drive stick... then it sounds pretty good too

honda209

CCSC # 8
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
it's hard to believe but possible, why not? theres a video here of an almost stock ITR beatin an evo, i know a b16 $ b18c have lot of diff but still, and to whoever said that hondas suck at freeway runs, obviously u dont know what that vtec is capable of, im talkin bout doch vtec.

rex_si86

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Todd said:
well excuse me if i dont believe everything i read on the internet.... you tell a story that sounds very far fetched and wonder why people dont just roll over and believer your e-racing story? did i tell yah about the time i beat a porsche 911 turbo? the driver was trying really hard to beat me too..... if i dont tell people it was my young sis driving it that didnt know how to drive stick... then it sounds pretty good too
LOL, :lol: :ownded: :whip: :haha:

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
honda209 said:
obviously u dont know what that vtec is capable of, im talkin bout doch vtec.
i'm talking about dohc turbo charged with over 270hp and awd.... you can keep your dohc vtec with torquephobia son

thats my new word for today... torquephobia... honda motors have mucho mucho torquephobia

Last edited:

EM1_ProJect

Yeah...it's boosted
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Todd said:
lol :werd:....nicely said

SpitfireEX

He lives in my closet
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
im thinkin the evo wasnt racin
lol
and i hate all this crap bout....he prolly didnt know how to drive....
the only time driving skill comes majorly into play in at the launch or on a track.....cmon how hard is it to push the gas and shift on a highway

Bangin' HB

surfing member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if you say you won, then whatever, good job. but it just seems farfetched to hear a story like this. maybe he was racing, but was shortshifting to save his engine b/c he knew it really wasnt much of a challenge. or maybe he is one of those retards that raced before his engine was broken in, so his rings and everything are fubar and his engine isnt making the power it should. whatever you say happened is what you say happened, its just not what was supposed to happen.

Tiso

Tello !
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I didn't read all the posts and what not but my brother has a stock EVO 8 and it pulls like a mofo. By no means that you can call the EVO 8 slow. Yes, they are penty of faster cars but EVO 8 is stil a power house.

anekin007

Unregistered User
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
honda209 said:
it's hard to believe but possible, why not? theres a video here of an almost stock ITR beatin an evo, i know a b16 $ b18c have lot of diff but still, and to whoever said that hondas suck at freeway runs, obviously u dont know what that vtec is capable of, im talkin bout doch vtec.
yes, honda suck at freeway runs. the bigger the motor the better the top end and top speed. i do know what vtec can do and i got myself a dohc..not doch! if a doch is faster then a dohc, i think i need a swap, haha. :D.

Matt

0_o
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
^^^lmao...

I have a 2.2 DOHC vtec, but what am I missing honda209, at this point I pretty much know what its capable of and I know its not close to be comparible to boost.

Last edited:

EXcon279

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Mattmob said:
^^^lmao...

I have a 2.2 DOHC vtec, but what am I missing honda209, at this point I pretty much know what its capable of and I know its not close to be comparible to boost.
there ya go...and i know from experience because i dust the s**t out of dohc at high speeds. im not sayin dohc doesnt have some get up and go. but not enough to beat an evo.

hueman

Son of a b***h Must Pay
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
to your little comparo of the s2k to the srt4... you're wrong. the s2k does not have more hp than the srt4. the srt4 is rated at 230hp, i believe? the s2k is rated at 240hp. now, what do the dynos show? srt is pushing something like 223-230hp to the WHEELS. vtec affects higher rpms, not higher speed per se. you want to be in vtec at 4th gear going what, 120? fine, but evo at 120 is just around its peak in the powerband.

Ace$nyper

Todd said:
i'm talking about dohc turbo charged with over 270hp and awd.... you can keep your dohc vtec with torquephobia son

thats my new word for today... torquephobia... honda motors have mucho mucho torquephobia
That is f**king funny and may i gank it for my sig?
ehh i will any way hehe.

Spencey

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'm glad I'm done reading this dumbass argument thread. I can see you all are doubtful and I'm not going to say a damn thing, just cause my head hurts from reading the back and forth bullshit of this thread, ow.... I'll go get some advil and maybe say something worthwhile, and btw del_slow, you were the one there, you're the one that knows what happens, if you really beat it, f**k these guys, they weren't there to know what happened.

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
SpenceyVTEC said:
f**k these guys, they weren't there to know what happened.
i do know enough to know that IF it really did happen it was a fluke and can be corrected by a different driver in the evo, and that bragging about s**t like this is pointless and is nothing but ego-masturbation.... like i said, i dont brag about beating a 911turbo in my civic because it is the same principal... lame