Del Sol Mileage... HELP!!!

DaGFTDOne

Car Audio Guru
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ok so Im buying a 93 del Sol, some of you already saw my car is for sale... well the del sol cluster reads out 55,000 when truly it has 155,000 miles... what happens when I go for inspection??? Can I change the odometer so it reads out correctly or am I screwed in that matter?

aaren99

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Maybe theres and excemption or a special form since the cluster was changed. I'm almost certain you cant touch the odometer even though you would be rolling the miles forward. hope that helps a little

MasterShake

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yea theres a box u check when the odometer has been changed or something like that.

pastamaaan

5+ Year Member
you shouldnt run into any problems.. i have the jdm sir cluster on mine. they didnt even ask to look at my car, they just asked how many miles it had

Crave

5+ Year Member
Put a little sicker in your glove box the says something like +100,000 miles.

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
check your local and state laws, here if it's 10 years or older its exempt... does not require a mileage reading

although if you do mark one of the boxes on the Application For Title And Registration or DMV form #226 or on the Secure Odometer Disclosure they will still brand your title TMU

Azoodica

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
my car has 250,000 miles and when the previous owner had it somehow the cluster got spun back to 30,000 I haven't run into any problems with inspection

DaGFTDOne

Car Audio Guru
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I talked to my friend who does inspections, he says when I transfer the title I can check a box that says "Not actual mileage" thanks everyone for the help

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
your car will just be labelled as true milage unknown, not really a bad deal, cause alot of people have to get another cluster after awhile once there's goes banana's.

DaGFTDOne

Car Audio Guru
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeah, I'm gonna have to rewire the tach, the person who had it before me had a monster tach in it and cut the wire... MORONS!!!