Del Sol overheating: Swollen upper and lower radiator hoses

SuperEF

5+ Year Member
Hi Guys
I know there is another thread that has the same problem like I do on overheating but mine is a little different.
I was driving my del sol today and about 20 minuites of driving with the A/c on and it overheated. There was no leaks antwhere and the radiator was still full to the top. Everything was normal exepct that the radiator inlet and outlet pipes swelled up like they were ready to explode. The radiator is month old bought brand new and fitted at the honda dealership. This never happened to me before and what got me thinking is that it started overheating after 20 minutes of driving. If it's from the thermostat I would have this overheating in 5 minuites because it was really hot outside.

Now later on today again, I drove the car for more than 20 minutes and the temperature stayed normal. There is no white smoke and I checked the oil and everything is fine over there also.

I dont know what else to think.

Defcom012

5+ Year Member
your over heating problem

SuperEF;2950470]Hi Guys
I know there is another thread that has the same problem like I do on overheating but mine is a little different.
I was driving my del sol today and about 20 minuites of driving with the A/c on and it overheated. There was no leaks antwhere and the radiator was still full to the top. Everything was normal exepct that the radiator inlet and outlet pipes swelled up like they were ready to explode. The radiator is month old bought brand new and fitted at the honda dealership. This never happened to me before and what got me thinking is that it started overheating after 20 minutes of driving. If it's from the thermostat I would have this overheating in 5 minuites because it was really hot outside.

Now later on today again, I drove the car for more than 20 minutes and the temperature stayed normal. There is no white smoke and I checked the oil and everything is fine over there also.

I dont know what else to think.
yo I hate to tell the bad news about that problem, but your water pump is done! I currently going thur the same s**t as we speak. becarefull, release you reserve container so that pressure does not build to the point that it explodes. But change your water pump and youll be good.

Last edited by a moderator:

Deezy

silent partner
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
....Does the condenser fan run when the a/c is on??...Did the new radiator come with a new cap??..Try bleeding the cooling system exactly like this....(Bleed procedure Orginally posted by RonJ)

(This procedure may take 20-30 minutes)

1) Park the car on an inclined driveway with the front end higher than the rear. Or put the front end on jack stands.

2) Push the dash heater lever/knob to MAX heat.

3) Follow the directions in the diagram below

RonJ

Banned
^This

...but first replace the radiator cap and thermostat.

Also, here's the proper diagram for your engine with a bleed bolt:

Last edited:

madmike91

if it isnt none of them it might be your head gasket(hg) mine did the samething then 2 weeks later smoked like a chimeny

alex mr coupe

sounds like the thermo is going out has happened to me a few times with autozone duracrap thermos i just go to the dealer and get them new and bamm problem gone

raysteve

were you able to resolve this one already?anyway, did you do some radiator test?i dont know how to pressure test a radiator. can you help me out?thanks!

bizoneoeh

Ex-Gang Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
sounds like you have an air bubble to me! You said you just had the radiator replaced, maybe they didn't burp the air out after they replaced it.... either that or the thermostat but it sounds like you have an air bubble to me. A trapped air bubble is a good way to f**k your head gasket up too.