The Dream Match: Pacquiao vs De La Hoya Fight

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JiuJitsu_greg

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i dont think this will stop the trend of weight cutting. Pacman cuts weight to fight as low as he does as well. Hoya is just accomplished everthing in the game. He is aging and his hunger is gone. I thought he lost his will to compete at a top level before the feliz strum bout. Hoya is one of my favorite fighters and i hope he steps away from the sport with honor and pride

mhi

I ♥ My Civic
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
ive known dela hoya since i was a kid.. hes already a legend

jokenfu

Adobo Powered Pinoy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
X3...he hurt himself going down in weight. He should of stayed at his nat. weight and fought somebody else. He should of known better.
part of what makes Oscar great is because he faces every obstacle to get to the top, and to get to the top was to face the best at his time. he thought that Pacman was IT, so he went down a weight (just like when he went up to meet BHop) it's something that makes him who he is. no doubt he's a true legend in the game.

el_betiyo

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Puto de la Hoya!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

f**king waste of time..............

Out of all the fighthers that have fought againts Pacquiao, this has been the worst.

Pacquiao vs Margarito next.............

bizoneoeh

Ex-Gang Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

Out of all the fighthers that have fought againts Pacquiao, this has been the worst.

No, Margarito vs Pacquiao would be too good of a fight and it's too soon for that match. Either Pacquiao vs Mayweather or Margarito vs Mayweather! Someone needs to take that f**king mayate out! :x

JiuJitsu_greg

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member

You are the b***h chief. Anyone that talks down about a fighter like you just did is a b***h in my book. I would like to see you fight hoya next

el_betiyo

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
You are the b***h chief. Anyone that talks down about a fighter like you just did is a b***h in my book. I would like to see you fight hoya next
wwwwhhhhooooooo relax JiuJitsu san...........

Just expressing what I think, what I saw....and to me it was a waste of time

Compared to the other fight's that I've seen (Morales, Barrera, Marquez) those have been GREAT fights. Those guys lost tho, but they were toe 2 toe with Paquiao, but de la Hoya..............wtf. Maybe the fact that it was an exibition fight had something to do with de la Hoya not going all out, idk. It was like practice for Paquiao tho. No match at all. Not saying de la Hoya is not a good fighter, he his, but Manny was way better then him.

..........please don't call me a b***h, and I beg you to erase me from that book you have, lol

el_betiyo

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
No, Margarito vs Pacquiao would be too good of a fight and it's too soon for that match. Either Pacquiao vs Mayweather or Margarito vs Mayweather! Someone needs to take that f**king mayate out! :x
January 24
At Los Angeles (HBO): Antonio Margarito vs. Shane Mosley, 12 rounds, for Margarito's WBA welterweight title

x2 with Mayweather.............but Paqcquiao vs Margarito:word:

mhi

I ♥ My Civic
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
mosley vs pacman.. maybe..
margaritto vs pacman.... pacman ass will be kicked for sure..

bizoneoeh

Ex-Gang Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
margaritto vs pacman.... pacman ass will be kicked for sure..
that's what alot of people were saying about DeLaHoya vs Pacman. :lol: "pacman ass will be kicked for sure"

To me, I like to watch fights and it doesn't matter to me who wins just as long as it's a good fight. ;)

JiuJitsu_greg

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
wwwwhhhhooooooo relax JiuJitsu san...........

Just expressing what I think, what I saw....and to me it was a waste of time

Compared to the other fight's that I've seen (Morales, Barrera, Marquez) those have been GREAT fights. Those guys lost tho, but they were toe 2 toe with Paquiao, but de la Hoya..............wtf. Maybe the fact that it was an exibition fight had something to do with de la Hoya not going all out, idk. It was like practice for Paquiao tho. No match at all. Not saying de la Hoya is not a good fighter, he his, but Manny was way
..........please don't call me a b***h, and I beg you to erase me from that book you have, lol
Nicely put, i like that rezponse better then just calling hoya a puto. This fight had lewis vs tyson all over it though? Just like lennox lewis didnt want a piece of tyson in the early 90s he waited until he was at his peak and tyson was a shadow of his former self. In pac vs hoya pac is prime and hoya is fading. If this was 1998 pacman would have gotyen smashed. I like hoyas heart, he has alway fought the best, i rdmember being a kid and seeing him roll up chavez. The same thing happened in that match. On one side you have a yound bull and the other you have a fading star.

el_betiyo

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
x2

I remember watching my dad pissed when we saw this "kid" named Oscar de la Hoya kick the s**t out of my dad's idol "Julio Cesar Chaves". Kind of similar of what happened here.

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
x2

I remember watching my dad pissed when we saw this "kid" named Oscar de la Hoya kick the s**t out of my dad's idol "Julio Cesar Chaves". Kind of similar of what happened here.
Oooh that one was a classic!! I saw it when I was a lot younger.

More details on the Triny fight. I remember stuff about it but I wasnt into boxing, I guess I was like 12 when the fight was out. All I know is that De La Hoya was whooping his ass but trinidad still won.

kwiksi

5+ Year Member
More details on the Triny fight. I remember stuff about it but I wasnt into boxing, I guess I was like 12 when the fight was out. All I know is that De La Hoya was whooping his ass but trinidad still won.
You buggin man. The way I remember it was Oscar dominating early in the fight. Tito coming on strong at the end with Oscar dancing around the ring to not get hit by Titos blows. Thinking he had enough points to win.

usdm.ehtu

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Oscar was robbed against Trinidad..... he was schooling trinidad bad.... making him miss and catching him at will. The only one that robbed him of the win was Oscar himself... he just ran the last few rounds thinking he was ahead in points. Either way Trinidad was NOOO maych for De La hoya. I guess thats why he was opting to have open scoring like every other sport, so you can see where you stand.

In cause you missed DLH VS Pacman

http://www.nowinhd.net/video/55c81696676a1bec3545941d4b3fc659/

Your welcome =)

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Oscar was robbed against Trinidad..... he was schooling trinidad bad.... making him miss and catching him at will. The only one that robbed him of the win was Oscar himself... he just ran the last few rounds thinking he was ahead in points. Either way Trinidad was NOOO maych for De La hoya. I guess thats why he was opting to have open scoring like every other sport, so you can see where you stand.

Your welcome =)
Do you mean to show the score during the fight?

bizoneoeh

Ex-Gang Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

Your welcome =)
he did what his corner told him to do. He whooped him like the first 5-6 rounds then just danced around and avoided Trinidad because he thought he had the fight won.

but I have to agree with my dad..... I'm not a big DeLaHoya fan. He really never fought anyone significant imo except for Mayweather and he lost that one. My father never really like Cesar Chavez either and I'm too young to remember him anyway. The only thing I think DeLaHoya really did was win the gold medal but that's all.

usdm.ehtu

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Do you mean to show the score during the fight?
yup. It could either make or break boxing imo. Either fighters will try harder or run like Oscar did when they know there ahead.

he did what his corner told him to do. He whooped him like the first 5-6 rounds then just danced around and avoided Trinidad because he thought he had the fight won.

but I have to agree with my dad..... I'm not a big DeLaHoya fan. He really never fought anyone significant imo except for Mayweather and he lost that one. My father never really like Cesar Chavez either and I'm too young to remember him anyway. The only thing I think DeLaHoya really did was win the gold medal but that's all.
x2. I like DLH but he doesnt really have any big name wins under his belt. And all the big names he has fought hes lost to, Mosley, Hopkins, Trinidad, Mayweather and now Pac-man.

mhi

I ♥ My Civic
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
is dela hoya gonna retire?