Dent on Door question.

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ok. some lady bumped into my driver side door... she made a dent in it.. and a somewhat of a scratch.. the side panel didnt break or anything, but there's still a dent there that i dont like.....how would i fix this dent????? i was thinking heating up the metal from the inside and pushing the dent out.... or i was thinking a whole new door.. but i dont reallly need a whole new door.... so what do you guys think, how exactly can i pop this dent out??? :?:

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You need to buy a whole new car now. Cosmetic damage kills.
Just kidding. or am I...?

You might be able to just press the dent out from the back side. If there's no crease then the metal will pop back out where it used to be because of it's "memory". Roll your window up, take off the door panel and plastic sheeting and gently push. Sometimes a crease can be gently massaged out with a hammer and dolley but metal shaping is somewhat of an art. Especially with as thin as the metal is on modern cars. Then there's always the option of hitting up one of the "paintless dent repair" places.

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well. the ladys insurance is gona fix it.. but exactly how?, i dont know. i wana fix it myself tho..but thats whay she and i pay insurance for.

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ok, cool! Take it to Honda, get an estimate, give it to her insurance company, get a check, fix the door yourself and that way even if you totally screw up your door, you got the check to fix it!

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yea. thats most likely whats gona happen. thanks for taking your time bro!

DirtyD

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
try and use your bathroom plunger, some work some don't