dents??

dseriesboi

5+ Year Member
for somreason my car looks like its went through a hail storm there is like 100 dents on the hood and a couple on the side how do i fix that ?>

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Get a new hood and take the car to a body repair shop for the sides.

soswank

Dentist in the making
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
how much is the shop going to charge you for it?

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
NOFX said:
Get a new hood and take the car to a body repair shop for the sides.
lol I'm sorry but that's one of the most hilarious things I've seen.

But yeah I would recommend the same thing. The way I see it, hoods aren't as malleable as side panels, fenders, etc. so it'd be harder to get dents out, especially little ones.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I gues for a second, yeah, it is kinda funny. Like... "duh... no s**t," maybe. But when you think about it... who is really going to know about the difficulties in repairing dents on a hood? Well, besides body shop guys.

From what I've been told, especially with dents in certian locations of the hood, yo're going ot have a hard time making them ever look right again. I've also been told that you really don't want Bondo on a hood because of vibration. Could be wrong though. I'm just passing info on.

As for the hod, I have a dent along one of the two ribs that runs the lenght of my hood. I've enquired about fixing it before, and that was the answer I recived. This is how I know.