Deploying Soon; Want My Car To Be Amazing By The Time AIT Comes Around. Opinions?

Javier.San1993

So little background before I get into the nitty gritty stuff... =)

I own a 1994 Civic Dx Sedan, I have it lowered on H&R Sport springs. So far, that is the only "performance" mod I've made... I have recently enlisted into the ARMY (Please no military branch battles, One Team; One Fight) as a 35P (Cryptologic Linguist) and am going to basic on July 30th, 2012.

Now, I have been thinking of what I'm gonna be doing after basic, and my recruiter has suggested taking my car to AIT since it is somewhat close to home and because I'm going to be there for at least a year. I really don't want to deal with any problems over there; I am no mechanic, ex. I feel like a boss when I change my oil...:cool:

I started this thread to get your opinions on what I should buy/install when it comes to things that I do want to change...

The Regular
  • Oil Change
  • Oil Filter
  • Timing Belt
  • Water Pump
  • Windshield Wipers (The badass ones)
  • New Sideview mirrors (because mine are poop)
  • Fuel Filter
  • Air Filter? *Might change to short ram intake*
  • wires, distributor (+cap) and spark plugs
  • Basically change all the fluids... you get the point
The NOT Regular
  • Wheels (15")
  • Tires (thinking Yokohoma S Drives 195/45R15)
  • Koni Yellows
  • Brakes/Big Brake Kit?
  • Full Exhaust (thinking APEXi WS2 Catback due to low exhaust noise) *suggestions?*
  • Headers *suggestions*
  • HUD with Tachometer
  • Recaro Seats
  • short shifter (skunk2?)
  • shift bushings
  • clutch (I have a spare, but I want a better one) *please do suggest on this one*
  • anything else suggested?
Now, I know things like the seats and HUD aren't important, but I do want to have all the "regular" and "not regular" (minus the HUD, seats, short shifter) done by...ummm... November...!

So now it's time to start this baby up! What do you guys suggest for all these parts? If it's a performance part, please specify the item in question; if it is a regular maintenance thing but can be turned into a performance part (i.e. distributor, spark plugs, etc...) please do describe what you're thinking; if it is a regular thing like oil, then just say "N/A" or "The Regular"

I want this car to be the ultimate car it can be... I know it has a D15B7, but I like those 30+/40+MPGs haha

Thanks for all of your help! =)

Culberson

condoms prevent minivans
so your deploying soon...but you havent done AIT!? idk how that works, what branch?

Mysteryemotionz

Registered VIP
If you plan on staying with d you should think about a mini me swap

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk

Javier.San1993

so your deploying soon...but you havent done AIT!? idk how that works, what branch?
Army. The way I'm doing this is Basic Training, AIT, then where ever I'm stationed after that.

If you plan on staying with d you should think about a mini me swap

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk
Google just saved me from the long explanation of what a "mini-me" swap entails and is consisted of! Thanks for this suggestion! I never knew this was possible! Definitely gonna get my mechanic to do this for me!

Abailey21

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I have recently enlisted into the ARMY (Please no military branch battles, One Team; One Fight) as a 35P (Cryptologic Linguist) and am going to basic on July 30th, 2012.
You say no branch battles because you aren't even in yet...just wait ;)

Good luck in basic, best advice ever given to me, and I can pass along is shut the hell up for 9 weeks. Not a peep, not a word, just stfu and take it :D

As for mods for your car, do what makes you happy, I have no opinions because I have no money to mod my own car

Shaaaft

FNG
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Army. The way I'm doing this is Basic Training, AIT, then where ever I'm stationed after that.

Google just saved me from the long explanation of what a "mini-me" swap entails and is consisted of! Thanks for this suggestion! I never knew this was possible! Definitely gonna get my mechanic to do this for me!

Thank you for googling. So many questions can be avoided with it, you are a smart guy :thumbup:

Good luck in the army and you should check out a wink mirror. You might not have to replace your side mirrors if blind spots are an issue.

Javier.San1993

You say no branch battles because you aren't even in yet...just wait ;)

Good luck in basic, best advice ever given to me, and I can pass along is shut the hell up for 9 weeks. Not a peep, not a word, just stfu and take it :D

As for mods for your car, do what makes you happy, I have no opinions because I have no money to mod my own car
I don't want this to turn into one of those military forums/threads where everyone just talks smack to one another... there's already plenty of those.. haha

I'll keep that in mind, but might be kind of hard considering I wanna be a cabin leader!

To be happy I would need my car to be smelling good, looking good, and performing at it's max (respectively to its motor size). So I believe some of these mods will allow for that. hahal

Congrats man! =) :party2:
Thank you :woot:

Thank you for googling. So many questions can be avoided with it, you are a smart guy :thumbup:

Good luck in the army and you should check out a wink mirror. You might not have to replace your side mirrors if blind spots are an issue.
I try to be as efficient as possible! :cool:

The problem with my side-view mirrors is that they aren't fastened properly, and the housing is a bit beat-up. One of them, the driver side one, flops around and makes it hard to see one spot consistently. I already have a wide-view mirror, but that is just something I use to see all of the people in the back seats of my car..haha ;) :shock:

Avant Uprising

GONE FISHIN
Registered VIP
Army screwed me but hey its watever and being shipped to basic as a trainee is diffferent then deployment. Have fun finding hiding spots to sleep while in basic

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk 2