Dictator McCain?

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Figured I'd type it up so it's a little easier to understand. I removed the "ahh"s and "umm"s.

John McCain "dictator video" said:
I just want to make a comment about the obvious issue and that is the failure of Congress to act yesterday. And, you know, it's just not acceptable. We have people who are trying to buy a car that can't get a loan. We have small businesses who are dependent on a line of credit. They're seeing that cut off. I mean this is just a not acceptable situation. I’m not saying this is the perfect answer. If I were dictator, which I always aspire to be, I would write it very, you know, a little bit differently. I would have increased the FDIC, insured deposits, and done some other things. But we can't just do nothing. And the things that's very, doubly disturbing about it. It's so symptomatic of why we are so gridlocked in Washington. People can't reach across the aisle. And, you know, we give poisoned speeches. And it's just, i think the approval rating of Congress is an all time low. Perhaps more disturbing, our polling shows that there's like four percent of the American people think the country's on the right track. That shows a lack of confidence, a lack of trust, a lack of... You know, Americans are known for their confidence and their belief that we can get things going again. I don't have to tell anybody in the state of Iowa. So I have obviously been on the phone... (cut off)

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
More proof that the republicrats are completely out of touch with reality.
We have small businesses who are dependent on a line of credit. They're seeing that cut off.
There are still many small banks that still have money to lend to small business operators who have a good business model and aren't too deep in debt.
And the things that's very, doubly disturbing about it. It's so symptomatic of why we are so gridlocked in Washington. People can't reach across the aisle
....and somehow, you are supposed to be different?
Where the hell were you when President Clinton was in office. Republican Senators would kill their own bills if they got word that Clinton would approve of it. They did everything in their power to oppose and kill any measures brought forward by the Democrats regardless of it's value to the country as a whole. And now, it's somehow "partisan" and "unfair" that the Democrats do the EXACT same thing.
Who do you think they learned it from?

If I were dictator, which I always aspire to be....

trace01m

E thug.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
The problem with congress and Washington in general is that they are all rich.

They don't give a s**t about us or what we want, and why should they? We don't have any other choices.

I will be running for president very seriously in 2035, when my age allows. f**k my skeletons in the closet, because this country needs someone at the helm that will go to bat for the people, not for themselves.

bizoneoeh

Ex-Gang Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The problem with congress and Washington in general is that they are all rich.

They don't give a s**t about us or what we want, and why should they? We don't have any other choices.

I will be running for president very seriously in 2035, when my age allows. f**k my skeletons in the closet, because this country needs someone at the helm that will go to bat for the people, not for themselves.
then people are going to get all bent out of shape because your name won't be on the 2035 CC voting thread. :lol:

trace01m

E thug.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
You got my vote man.... You are a ClubCivicer... I can careless about anything else:word:

Go for it man..:D
I am really going to! By then it won't matter who has more money. I can campaign online, and do the talk shows. It'll be a whole circus about the common guy running, and I'm betting on the media eating it up!