Did I get ripped off in this wiring harness?

Jonathan-san

n00b
5+ Year Member
Did I get ripped off on this wiring harness?

So, i bought a d16y8 wiring harness off someone on ebay, so i could use it for my d16y7 to d16y8 swap, but when i get it in the mail, some of the wires are cut. like which plugs go into the ecu and stuff? did i get ripped off, or could i some how still use this harness?

harness pics:

Last edited:

io_303

NIFOC
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yep, that thing is worthless

2kstreetcivic

Runnin to Redline
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
io_303 said:
yep, that thing is worthless
:werd: x 2........I would report to ebay immediately and go after that guy who sold it to you

Jonathan-san

n00b
5+ Year Member
actually i bought this off a guy selling his d16y8 motor on ebay and in his description he was offering $125 for the wiring harness and the ecu, so i paid him $100 for the harness. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8004806309&sspagename=ADME:L:RTQ:US:1

so theres no way i can use the harness, to make it work with my d16y7 harness. damn i even talked to this guy on the phone, he even threw in a L bracket for the throtle cable which i needed. at least i have his direct connect number.

Bangin' HB

surfing member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i would have put up the extra $25 for the ecu, then sold it for $100...

stolle

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
dude, you dont even need that maybe a couple plugs (vtec and vtp sensor) run your own wires and use your stock y7 harness. its the same as the y8 it just doent have the vtec and vtp sensor plugs....

Jonathan-san

n00b
5+ Year Member
man this d16y7 to d16y8 swap is beginning to piss me off! and hatch said it would be a piece of cake. now im left with a non-runnin car, +$400 is other parts over the $800 i already paid to hatch for the motor and i also had to drop all of my classes and i might get fired from work. i'm gonna take a sledge hammer and bash the piece of s**t 99 civic dx into a million pieces. :twisted: and i forgot to mention that, i'm flat broke! already missed a cell phone bill payment, and im about to miss two credit card payments. man it really sucks when u cant get to work. :(

Jonathan-san

n00b
5+ Year Member
okay, this is what the guy i bought the engine harness said:

ECAquatics
to me
More options 8:46 pm (0 minutes ago)
that is how they are suppose to be they do not unplug

is that bs?

io_303

NIFOC
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yes it is, tey do unplug, it is very easy to unplug

Jonathan-san

n00b
5+ Year Member
this is what he replied:

ECAquatics
to me
More options 9:25 pm (6 minutes ago)
where the wiring comes out of the fire wall... you need to cut it. and connect this one in its place.. The peopl on your site must not know to much.. go to Honda-tech and there is full instructions on how to do it.

wannabe

law abiding smog tech
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jonathan-san said:
this is what he replied:

ECAquatics
to me
More options 9:25 pm (6 minutes ago)
where the wiring comes out of the fire wall... you need to cut it. and connect this one in its place.. The peopl on your site must not know to much.. go to Honda-tech and there is full instructions on how to do it.
dude f**ked you over and is full of s**t. you dont have to cut anything. he is BS-ing.

deaconwagers

...now rockin an integra
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
he's trying to get you to bend over so he can rape you. he doesn't know what the hell he's talking about.

FRODO

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
do you not have the stock harness? all you have to do is add like two plugs...maybe three.

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
wannabeEK9 said:
dude f**ked you over and is full of s**t. you dont have to cut anything. he is BS-ing.

:rolf: :werd:

what he sold you isnt worth more than the wire and plastic used to make it

vandynamics

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ouch, looks like that harness is worthless. maybe you can source off of it to get the necessary plugs you need to get the y8 running.