Did I put my lip on upside down?

Ej8Kid

Too Much Traction
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Kinda gives it the 96-98 SIR look, kinda.

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
hey, we all gotta start somewhere, right? thanks for the laugh, though =) i love rookie mistakes. i know i've made my fair share of them.

Dale_K

Got it flipped over today. It fits perfectly of course. And about the "rookie" mistake. I'm 61 years old and I've been able to make mistakes like this since 1965 when I put my battery in backwards in my VW bus. Had to wedge open the positive terminal and squeeze down like a mofo on the negative terminal. Tested it by turning on the headlights, which worked great. Later that night in bed I got to thinking about it. Lucky I didn't try to start the motor. No electronics on the old cars so nothing got fried.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
welcome to CC young man.

atleast u can handle criticism better than these young kids on here..

enjoy ur Si!

00_Civic_Si

BrokenEM1
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Still a good laugh, but sadly I've probably done near the same stuff. I couldn't find out how to put on a short-ram intake for about a day. :lol:

I don't even know how to change oil.. my grandpa does it for me.

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I"m just worried about how you went about bolting it on....

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'm curious, did you not see the the spots for the clips/bolts?? What would lead you to doing this?

Jersey8

B20: Detroit Muscle!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Still a good laugh, but sadly I've probably done near the same stuff. I couldn't find out how to put on a short-ram intake for about a day. :lol:

I don't even know how to change oil.. my grandpa does it for me.
your joking, right?

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Wait.. Oil has to be changed??!?

Jersey8

B20: Detroit Muscle!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yea you're supposed to take off the drain plug and wrap your lips around the hole

Dale_K

I'm curious, did you not see the the spots for the clips/bolts?? What would lead you to doing this?
I saw the spots and bought new speed nuts for the bottom of the car. The OEM lip will bolt up pretty solidly upside down if you use long bolts and don't tighten them enough to break off the tabs on the lip. One self tapping screw on each end at the wheel well opening and you have a secure lip that hangs real low and is upside down, lol.

I had it in my mind that the flat side of the lip needed to bolt to the flat bottom of the stock bumper cover - sort of flange to flange. The other vehicles I own, a Corvette and a GMC pickup both have front air dams that don't turn under with a roll on the bottom the way the SI lip does. So I was mentally ready to fit the SI spoiler the same way.

Bheims

Bustin windows outcha car
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I saw the spots and bought new speed nuts for the bottom of the car. The OEM lip will bolt up pretty solidly upside down if you use long bolts and don't tighten them enough to break off the tabs on the lip. One self tapping screw on each end at the wheel well opening and you have a secure lip that hangs real low and is upside down, lol.

I had it in my mind that the flat side of the lip needed to bolt to the flat bottom of the stock bumper cover - sort of flange to flange. The other vehicles I own, a Corvette and a GMC pickup both have front air dams that don't turn under with a roll on the bottom the way the SI lip does. So I was mentally ready to fit the SI spoiler the same way.
I give you props for using cc as a resource, not many your age would turn to the internet for problem solving :thumbs up

Ask away thats what we're here for!

EM1 looks clean