Difference in spoilers

KS91Z28

5+ Year Member
I have an '04 4dr LX. I want to put a spoiler on it, but I'm still new to some of this. Car-part.com shows quite a few spoilers for my car, but most of them say "with brake light". When I go to HondaPartsNow.com, it shows a spoiler that doesn't appear to have a light in it. Are these 2 different spoilers? If there's a light, is there a provision in the factory harness for this?

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Maybe pictures or links to these spoilers will help. Just a description like that doesnt do anything. It also depends if its OEM or not.

KS91Z28

5+ Year Member
Also, ignore the question about the difference. Now I'm more concerned with which one to go with and if I choose the one with the light, is there a provision in the factory harness or do I just splice the wires in for the extra light?

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
There is definitely a difference between the two. One is more of a lip than a spoiler. Also, if I remember correctly, the spoiler with the light should come with a sub-harness, or a sub-harness should be available, to make the spoiler with the light plug and play. You would just unplug the clip from your current third light, and plug it into the new light.

KS91Z28

5+ Year Member
I called on the taller spoiler and it's not plug and play, but I'm not too worried about that. Now, it's coming down to opinions. Which one do most people think would look better on a black car.

Thanks vjf915 for your replies so far.

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Try going into a honda dealership and looking at the setup for OEM spoilers. Im almost positive there should be a sub-harness you can get.

Your car is in fact a four-door right? It depends on what your plans are for your car. If you plan to keep it stock height, I think the higher spoiler would look better. If you plan to lower it, I think the trunk lip would look better. However, its your car, your preference.

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I've always been a fan of the OEM style spoiler... so I like the first option.

I'm with vjf too.. I'm fairly certain there should be a plug n play harness you can get.

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I've always been a fan of the OEM style spoiler... so I like the first option.

I'm with vjf too.. I'm fairly certain there should be a plug n play harness you can get.
I love when I beat you to the punch and then you come in and say you agree with me :lol:

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
lol, well you know your s**t... and I only answer questions when I know what I'm talking about. So whenever the both of us post in a thread, we're probably going to agree. :lol: