Digital card reader

sOo SIck

5+ Year Member
Has anyone with the SI w/ the NAV tried to use the digital card reader yet? im tempted to go out to best buy and buy an pc card adapter and try it out but ive heard stories of them not working.

Declectic

SeanJohn1802
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
can you elaborate more about this? i'm curoius... i dont have navi though . .

sOo SIck

5+ Year Member
Si's equipped with NAVs have a PC card slot behind the navigation screen. You are supposedly able to take a memory card such as a SD or Compactflash, load Mp3's on it, and stick it into an adapter that will fit into the pc card slot itself. I want to try this but i was wondering if anyone has already done it.

doug piston

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
all civics with nav not just the si

bzydad

5+ Year Member
First post and yes I tried the card reader in my 06 sedan and it sounds great,put the card in the adapter and put it in the slot,close the navi and all the info is on the screen. :D

snaker

The Snake Awaits You
5+ Year Member
sOo SIck said:
Si's equipped with NAVs have a PC card slot behind the navigation screen. You are supposedly able to take a memory card such as a SD or Compactflash, load Mp3's on it, and stick it into an adapter that will fit into the pc card slot itself. I want to try this but i was wondering if anyone has already done it.
I have to buy an adapter? I thought you could somehow plug an SD card in the slot. I guess I should read the manual. I never read a book in my life, why start now? It didn't stop me from getting a Doctorate degree.

sOo SIck

5+ Year Member
yes you need a pc card adapter for which the SD card plugs into. then plug the PC card (with the SD in it) into the slot behind the nav screen. i bought the compusa 4 in 1 pc card and use my sandisk SD card and it works great.

exCIVICtionist

5+ Year Member
Card Reader works great!

Bought two pc card adapters from Compusa. One PC Card adapter for any regular size compact flash card. The other PC card was a 4-1 and I can use all of my memory sticks, sd cards, etc. It displays track lists by Folder, Artist or Album. You can Randomize by Folder, Album or Artist. All of the information is displayed Song title, Artist and Album. I have a 8gb Microdrive with the compact flash PC Card adapter and I have so much music it's great.

snaker

The Snake Awaits You
5+ Year Member
exCIVICtionist said:
Bought two pc card adapters from Compusa. One PC Card adapter for any regular size compact flash card. The other PC card was a 4-1 and I can use all of my memory sticks, sd cards, etc. It displays track lists by Folder, Artist or Album. You can Randomize by Folder, Album or Artist. All of the information is displayed Song title, Artist and Album. I have a 8gb Microdrive with the compact flash PC Card adapter and I have so much music it's great.
What type of media card is best for music...Sound Quality/#of songs/transfer speed?

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
that's pretty f**king cool right there

aznwannabe

26psi what?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
my 06 accord has a navi and supposedly the PC card slot is for honda's use onlyso i never bothered messing with it.
Didn't think it would work.

King Bob

The life'o Riley
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you can always get this

its a radio transmitter, you stick a card with mp3's on it and stick it in the lighter and it plays on your radio

drka0tic

5+ Year Member
I got this card reader:

http://tinyurl.com/pag2k

And I tried a 2GB Transcend Compact Flash card and a 128MB Sandisk Compact Flash card.

With both cards, the NAVI reads the card for maybe 5 seconds, then it begins rebooting contnuously.

This sucks. "exCIVICtionist", which card reader did you buy?

Thanks.

aznwannabe

26psi what?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
King Bob said:
you can always get this

its a radio transmitter, you stick a card with mp3's on it and stick it in the lighter and it plays on your radio
that would defeat the purpse of the 'cool pc slot'

hraigosa

5+ Year Member
Card Reader

I need info as to what SKU # for the card adapter from CompUSA. need to get it online as I don't have store near by or cross referance it at Circut City / Bestbuy and or Frys.
By the way, its my understanding that with right PC card is supposed to sound much better than MP3 player which sounds fantastic already, I don't even use XM anymore even though I subscribe .