Dipping Honda Si Rims WHITE

evilrilla2

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
So my cousin works at a shop and could get the hookups to dip rims and changed them to any color. They sandblast the rim and then dip it. Normal price he said is $120 per rim, but he gets a deal at $60 per rim. powder coated.

Do you guys think Si rims look good in White??? I have a red honda civic, so it will be a good contrast.

Also, if they are getting dipped, is it possible to buy messed up Si rims for a cheaper price and be able to fix them up????? and by messed up I mean having scatches/scrapes, etc.

The following is NOT my car, but my car is red, and i currently do not have Si rims, i want to get Si rims because i want a better suspension on my car and i think they would be a smoother ride.

Stock Si rims

Photoshop the Si Rims White, not the best quality but you get the point.

My current Rims

Bheims

Bustin windows outcha car
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
i dont mind the wheels you have now, id put the money towards painting your fenders, bumpers, lips, side skirts

evilrilla2

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i dont mind the wheels you have now, id put the money towards painting your fenders, bumpers, lips, side skirts
Absolutely right on that one. They will be painted, its $1300 paint the entire car, or like $800 to paint what you just said.

Yea, i wasnt sure if people are digging my current rims. any other opinions on the current rims as well?

Bheims

Bustin windows outcha car
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
1300 for the whole car is a pretty darn good deal, definitely likin the side markers.

car looks pretty clean good luck to you :thumbs up

evilrilla2

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
1300 for the whole car is a pretty darn good deal, definitely likin the side markers.

car looks pretty clean good luck to you :thumbs up
yup $1300 is a good deal, especially considering he is including a little bit of pushing and pulling on the front end because it does not line up properly. but I could pay 800 to paint the front end and use the other 400 for something else....like Si rims...Mmmmmm

98ej8

I LOVE MY GIRLFRIEND
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i agree with pyropunker, nothing beats stock SI's they look good on any color car

zachkelly

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I thought about doing this a few months ago, and found a few real pictures
my car is white, so i liked this one:

Sorry I dont have a red one, theres a thread on HT thats all about painted stock rims, but I cant find it right now.
I just felt there was something about them i didnt like, but I couldnt put my finger on it. but its up to you man

evilrilla2

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
thanks for sharing those real pictures, its good to see. They look clean to me, especially on the Si! It looks pretty sick to me.

FAC3L3SS

Registered VIP
Stock Si wheels look good. I really want a set to "polish" if you will. Anyway, your wheels look good right now. I'd say spend that $1300 on the respray and rock some Si wheels. Your current wheels are legit and I think you'll dig the look once your car is colormatched.

Also, sidemarkers FTW.

Jolting

That black with red line is probably the sickest Si rims I have ever seen. If I were you I would get that.