Dipstick Broken Off in Tube

rboarderi

5+ Year Member
I just bought a 2000 Honda Civic EX and the dipstick is broken off in the tube. Is there anyway for me to get it out myself? It doesn't look like I will be able to fish it out with needle nose pliers...does the dipstick tube unscrew out? Any other ideas? If I can;t fix this myself, how much do you think the dealer will charge to fix it?

rboarderi

5+ Year Member
Its the whole foot long dipstick I'm not sure if that will work, I will try it though. The dipstick on this car is just a straight piece of metal right...not like other cars where it bends down the tube and would get jammed in there if it broke?

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
get one of those telescopic magnets that look like a pen. they usually have strong magnets on them

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
yea, the extendable ones are like magic

snoob

9k RPM and 1+ Lateral G
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
is that what you kids call it these days? LOL more power to you =)

use a pen magnet.

rboarderi

5+ Year Member
I came here asking for legitimate advice, why be a d**k? If you don't know anything about my question then why post?

Old Man

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I came here asking for legitimate advice, why be a d**k? If you don't know anything about my question then why post?
good god it was a joke.
and the answer on how to get it out has already been posted.. and reposted... and reposted