A2C

1998 Honda Civic EX
Engine D16y8

If I've got oil getting from the engine into the distributor cap do I need:
New distributor cap and gasket
or
New distributor all together?

Also - Just throwing this out there.
Cold starts fine, stall after about 3 minutes - not hitting the accelerator or anything.
Wont start back up since it's warm until it cools off a bit.

Tried spraying some starter fluid into the Intake to see if it would still stall (if it doesn't stall than the issue is fuel related). It still stalled.

203CT

Slow But Not Low
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Bump

203CT

Slow But Not Low
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
If its leaking it's the O ring but I'm not sure if the oil leak can affect the ignition

A2C

I've changed the O-Ring and put silicone around it.
It's not leaking down through the gap between the distributor and the engine, the oil is getting into the distributor (where the coil and wires are) and leaking from where the distributor cap and distributor connect.

Does anyone know what the voltage of the wires should be as well?
I check the black/yellow wire, and it's getting voltage from the battery, and was looking for a blue/white or blue wire, but didn't see one. There was a wire the looked green, so I went ahead and checked that thinking it might have changed a bit with heat or something.
That wire was only reading .09 volts.
-- There are four wires beneath the rotor. Three connect to the metal prongs that face the Air Filter, the other goes towards the front of the car. The one that goes to the front is what I am referring to.