DIY: How to install 5th gen H.O.P. WINDOW VISORS

Hatch_Of_Doom

death's just death
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Lots of people always ask, so I might as well do a write up

Quick statement.... These are for 5th gens. I have only seen and installed 2 sets of windows visors; 5th gen Civic and 6th gen Civic. 5th gens come with 5 clips ALREADY ATTACHED TO THE VISORS. 6th gens come with 4 clips (2 on each side) that screw into frame, 6 (3 per visor) that are free floating and you have to line up with holes. The visor then ATTACHES to 5 clips via pushpins

These are the visors on my 5th GENERATION HONDA CIVIC

Start off with the visors. Mine came in the boxes as you see. One complete piece. All 5 clips attached.

Each little clip looks like this.

You have to pull your weather stripping out to put them in place. No glue, no screws, just the weather stripping put in over them to help apply. There's like 3 different physical weather "strips" on the door, you need the outermost one, as in the pic.

I used a big flat head to help dig out the weather stripping without f**king anything up, and later on to help push the weather stripping back in.

To kind of show how it works, this is a shitty diagram I made of how it is re-applied to hold everything in place.

Picture it in your mind. The weather stripping is re-applied into the crease with the little "brackets" on visor holding it in place.

But yeah. Weather stripping needs to come out.

Like the diagram shows, slip the little brackets into that crease, push them in and they should kinda snap in. Push as far up and back towards the back of the car to allow as much space to put the weather stripping back in as possible.

Then, it's basically up to you to get the weather stripping back in place.

Now that you have those brackets and s**t in the way, it will fit a little more shitty, and you need to basically need to just push the weather stripping into place.

But yeah. Congrats, now you have window visors and your weather stripping fits like s**t.

But VOILA.... you have visors.

Svr_Civic

dont try, dont fail
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
lol awesome, besides the whole stripping being eek.. n e way to get around that ?

Hatch_Of_Doom

death's just death
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Neg. Stripping has to come out, and then be put back in.

qwikxr

former PCM#3
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
good writeup.. But you're right - that is shitty... How effed up is it to roll the window, once it's back together?

I think I'll pass on the HAP visors, now... :(

b16dragon

5+ Year Member
hey man thos are nice. do they make thos for the ek. and where do you get them.

Flip8Speed

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
whats wrong with eg bucket seat? peeps dont like them 4 a reason. u guys know?

zammykoo

caffeinated
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
thread back from the dead!

do you have to pull out the weather stripping for ebay visors? it doesn't have any clips just the 3m adhesive

Stinky

East_Coast_Chopstix
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
no, you just stick adhesive to side of door. Thats why they are Ebay visors... but they will at least keep the rain off your lap, right...

PS, EG bucket seats have no side-to-side support... so if you are into autox, or corners like i am, the seat will not keep you in place like the del-sol, or integra seats... which have more of a "racing style" fitment...

qwikxr

former PCM#3
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ALWAYS TEST FIT prior to sticking them... and clean the applied area well, with alcohol or such, to ensure a long lasting bond. I've had the 3M style visors on the Jeep Grand Cherokee for better than 6 yrs now.. still solid as a rock

Declectic

SeanJohn1802
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well I just put mine in... f**kin weather stripping is a b***h to put back in :thumbdown