DIY: save $200 and fix your ipod

obracer12

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Now this may not apply to everyone, but it recently happened to me twice in a couple months so I figured I'd post this..

I was using my ipod (20GB ipod 4th gen i believe) and it suddenly just shut off, I look down and see this :

well after trying all of apple's suggested fixes aka the R's I decided to open her up... inside i find one loose wire on the data jack that goes towards your computer on upload.. so I plug it in a wahla it works perfectly...

a few weeks later I was with a friend running and his ipod did the same thing, but it was a newer ipod and didn't want to break any of the fragile case parts getting it apart, but I knew it was the same issue.. so here is how I fixed it:

Required Materials:
iPod with Sad iPod Icon
Pad of Paper, any size

Optional Materials:
Pen
Beer
Hovercraft
Llama
…you get the idea.

Assembly Steps:
1. Put the pad on the desk.
2. Optionally, write something on the pad with the pen.
3. Done.

How to Use:
1. Hold the broken iPod in your hand, charger port down.
2. Ram your iPod against the pad firmly, but not hard enough to go through the desk or send the iPod flying out of your hand.
3. Test iPod. (reset by holding menu and center button)
4. Repeat as necessary.
5. Have a celebratory or condolence beer.

Here is the finished product:

having said all of this I am not responsible for what happens to your ipod due to your hulk like strength and damaging it by slamming it with gratuitous force. it may not cover all ipod issues but it will fix this common error I see with a sad ipod.

hope this helps those of you who have a "broken" ipod and haven't bought another one.. sorry for posting so late for those of you who have bought a new one already

LowNotSlow

Aqua Teen Christmas Force
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I can fix this and save even more money by not buying an Ipod in the first place.

00_Civic_Si

BrokenEM1
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
:bluelol: gave me a good daily laugh.

GOOD WRITE UP BRUH

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
luls

I used to have a 2nd gen iPod nano then a 3rd gen iPod nano and now a 2nd gen iPod touch and none of them ever gave me or have given me problems at all. And I use my touch almost every day.