Do these tires look stupid on my hatch?

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
215/40 would have been the middle ground for you. that's what im switching to when my 205/45 tires wear out

Civic Stud

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I think the OP got new 205/40/16's on the front only and has 205/45/16 on the rear, thats why he asked if the fronts look smaller. Yes, the fronts are not as tall as the 205/45/16's on the rear. You now have two different size tires front to back and generally thats a bad thing. Get the 205/45/16's for the front. That is the size that is closest to stock in tire height, yet gives you less tire and more rim.

hardcore97

Hard Core
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
who cares if its closest to stock tire? i personally am getting a 205/40 /16 next time. its not like the 5mm difference is going to throw the speedometer WAY off or anything. plus that puts it just a little bit lower to the ground

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
get rid of the REARS

not the fronts

silly
I had 50's in the rear, 45's in the front. I put the 45's in the rear and got 40's for the front.
My sideskirts now scrape at my schools speed bumps. :lol:

These tires chirp a tiny bit when taking some turns, compared to no chirp on the g-FORCE KDW's. They said if I wanted my old tires, I had to pay $199 per tire, pay a $15 freight fee, and wait 2-3 weeks!

The car "lowered" itself ~.5" of an inch today during my drive, so the gap isnt as bad anymore. But I do plan on lowering some more in the future.

Alberto521

Just call me Alberto
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
woa woa woa
Those are 16s?
Dude, I am thinking getting 17's on my Civic.... but 16s dont look that bad.... also, roads in Chicago blow! ( 10 pot-holes every mile, must be cuz of the snow)

ryanM

I had 50's in the rear, 45's in the front. I put the 45's in the rear and got 40's for the front.
My sideskirts now scrape at my schools speed bumps. :lol:

These tires chirp a tiny bit when taking some turns, compared to no chirp on the g-FORCE KDW's. They said if I wanted my old tires, I had to pay $199 per tire, pay a $15 freight fee, and wait 2-3 weeks!

The car "lowered" itself ~.5" of an inch today during my drive, so the gap isnt as bad anymore. But I do plan on lowering some more in the future.
dude, you need to go over s**t like that at ANGLES. my sideskirts sit about 2.5" off the ground and i RARELY scrape them on any speed bump...

i will bet you 50 dollars that it isnt your sideskirts scraping.

its probably your tires on the inner fender (which you should remove if you are lowered)

or your exhaust

or something else, your sideskirts are so far off the ground, if you were to drive over a speed bump thats high enough to touch them, you would high center, period. you would not make it over...

Alberto521

Just call me Alberto
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I was thinking lowering my car no more than 2 inches once I get my rims.

Civic Stud

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
who cares if its closest to stock tire? i personally am getting a 205/40 /16 next time. its not like the 5mm difference is going to throw the speedometer WAY off or anything. plus that puts it just a little bit lower to the ground
What are you saying, 5 mm difference? The 45 and 40 numbers in the tire sizing is not real number in millimeters, its an aspect ratio. It means that your tire is 205 mm wide and the side wall is 45% of the width. That equates into a 1 inch difference in tire diameter and a 3.2 inch difference in circumfereace. That's a pretty big difference. What that means is if your speedo reads 55mph, your really going about 52mph.