do you feel the difference with a front sway bar?

genobee

5+ Year Member
car 1998 civic 2dr coupe
my set up is gc+tokico illumina/asr sway bar sub frame combo/blox LCA

am just wondering have anyone installed a front sway bar and felt any difference.....

JDM_SPEC_SI-R

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
not much, not really. install both f and r tie bars and f and r strut bars, an x brace, and f and r sway bars and you will notice a diff. stearing will be tighter. just dont take out your ps unless your the jolly green giant. that s**t will be hard to stear. i know this cause this is my setup

wetcmonkey

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i had put in the whole setup and it does feel tighter, more responsive maybe but its not like its a race car with it, but then again my car isnt lowere yet so i dont really feel without a rol or anything

ryanM

civics already have a large front sway bar (unless you have a dx/cx/lx). but NO rear sway bar at all.

dj_audio

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I installed a 99-00 Si front sway bar on my hatch. Makes a world of a difference, probably one of the biggest mods to do for your car. I did a full swap, front lower control arms with it, and I can feel a night/day difference. Strongly recommend getting one if you're into handling.

ChoNNe

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I installed a 99-00 Si front sway bar on my hatch. Makes a world of a difference, probably one of the biggest mods to do for your car. I did a full swap, front lower control arms with it, and I can feel a night/day difference. Strongly recommend getting one if you're into handling.
:word:

did the same to mine..front and back... its like night and day man..best suspension mod I have besides my tein coilovers.

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Sway bars make a huge difference. I went from the EX 22mm to the Si 26mm in front. 4mm was enough motivation to change it out because there's that much of a difference.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
not much, not really. install both f and r tie bars and f and r strut bars, an x brace, and f and r sway bars and you will notice a diff. stearing will be tighter. just dont take out your ps unless your the jolly green giant. that s**t will be hard to stear. i know this cause this is my setup
Soo you're a jolly green giant? Where's your beanstalk bitchh