Votes: 1 4.2%
  • No.

Votes: 23 95.8%

• Total voters

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Just like the title says. I think this is a topic that's often misunderstood between people. If a guy and a girl go out somewhere, and the guy pays, does that automatically make it a date? Discuss.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Nope.

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
paying makes it prostitution .

THEDARKONE

Registered VIP
i aint paying for no b***h unless i get something back

but i actcidently voted nop lol ^.^

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I'm not talking about paying for sex, I'm talking about paying for whatever you do. Dinner, movie, etc. Does paying for what you do automatically make it a date? I voted no. I think that assuming that it's a date just because you paid is actually desperate.

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
its not a date unless you made it clear that your taking her out on a date.

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nope.. she can pay for her own meal.. unless I feel like making a kind gesture and paying for it. If she's not in the kitchen makin' sandwiches at my command, I'm not obligated to pay every time we go out.

but I digress...

buzzbombtom

captin sleep0
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
no calling it a date makes it a date. end of story

speedygonzales

Royal Member ~ RonJ
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Id say paying for it does not make it a date you actually have to state that its a date. but imo its not a "true" date unless you pay... at least thats the way i see it.

THEDARKONE

Registered VIP
ok ok if we have some conection and flirts hold hands then i would tell the hom ies yes but if we did not i would just say i went out with some b***h :D

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I wouldn't consider it a date automatically if I paid for a girl... just being nice.

If it were a fancy restaurant or a movie, etc, and I paid.. yeah sure it's a date. But places like Applebees, not necessarily.

...With that being said, If I drop $40+ on a dinner for me and a girl damn well better get a payment in return in the near future :lol:

Lopez619

Hector
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I agree with everyone else here. Paying does not make it a date. It is a date when you both agree it is a date.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yeahh it's only a date when you ask her out to wherever.

Eating dinner and then saying "it's okay I got this" does not make it a date.

asking "do you wanna go out to dinner tonight?" makes it a date.

if she says yes.

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
^^Not necessarily on that part either. I've asked female friends if they wanted to go out to dinner before, and vice versa.

Honestly... if it feels like a date, it's probably a date. If it doesn't feel like a date, it's probably not a date. If she's looking her best, it's probably a date. If it looks like she's trying to say "the right things", it's probably a date.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
^^Not necessarily on that part either. I've asked female friends if they wanted to go out to dinner before, and vice versa.

Honestly... if it feels like a date, it's probably a date. If it doesn't feel like a date, it's probably not a date. If she's looking her best, it's probably a date. If it looks like she's trying to say "the right things", it's probably a date.
lol I guess it all depends on the context of things. The way you ask, etc.

Tig.

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member

I agree with this.

Although I can't think of many of my female friends that I would go to dinner one on one with as just friends. Unless it's for a quick lunch or dinner at McDonalds etc. but if we are going anywhere, like someone said above, where I'm paying $40+ for our food, that's clearly already a date. In my book at least. Also judging by the vibe going on