Domani Conversion?

TheNorwegian

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hi!
How hard is it to do the Domani conversion? I saw on www.visracing.com that "Professional installation is required".. :???:

Does anyone know the price on a complete conversion?

BlackDX

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I say f**k it and do it yourself. It should be a straight bolt up conversion. Kinda hard to f**k that up.

Have you looked into getting parts from other source. Like an OEM conversion. I would fit better, be made out of better quality and that out the guess work of where to drill what hole. Plus 1200 bucks for fiberglass conversion is kinda steep. Rather shell out a little more, or less and get factory parts.

Bull

Statue of Chuckerty
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
talk to civic_on_air, he is doing the exact conversion. he alread has the headlights and grill with hood on order.

TheNorwegian

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
BlackDX, I live in Norway, so it's pretty hard to find any parts att all.. Do you know some place where I can get the parts i need, on the internet or Europe?

civic_on_air

um it says profesional instalation because all the parts are fiberglass (hoodn, fenders, bumpers) so they arent going to fit perfect. The fenders i got for my conversion are oem sheetmetal. and i will be getting the cf hood vis has, so all of my stuff fits perfect and is a direct bolt on...... Plus that kit from vis is like 2500 dollars not including the cf hood....... i payed 500 for all of my stuff

lj17

vsmc #7 cccc #169
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
civic_on_air said:
um it says profesional instalation because all the parts are fiberglass (hoodn, fenders, bumpers) so they arent going to fit perfect. The fenders i got for my conversion are oem sheetmetal. and i will be getting the cf hood vis has, so all of my stuff fits perfect and is a direct bolt on...... Plus that kit from vis is like 2500 dollars not including the cf hood....... i payed 500 for all of my stuff
^^^ he is absolutely right. i have yet to hear about someone getting fiberglass body stuff and it bolting right up. my local shop only did a handful of fiberglass bodykits/fenders and they said they are sick of 'em because they are are so much time and work. you could try doing most of the work yourself if you have some experience/tools/space etc. :???:

by the way, civic_on_air, i am doing exacty what you are for the conversion. oem fenders, headlights with a vis cf hood. great minds think alike?? =)

Noeladams

Keyboard Cowboy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
There was a dude on ebay who was selling his si with that conversion, guy didnt even get 5k for it but no sense in bidding b/c he wanted like 15k.

Doesnt look too bad