dont drive drunk

sohclubkid

Sick 6/6
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
on friday i go to meet some friends of mine at a bar, mainly this one girl i have a thing for. were drinking and talking, but i notice shes not in a great mood so i ask why she seems so distant.
she tells me "i let my friend borrow my bike (a harley sportster) at 4pm and havnt heard from him at all today". the guy she let borrow it is kind of a dickhead but she seems to like him... go figure.
i reassure her and say "hes probably just out having a good time, dont worry about him".
about an hour later her and her friend leave the bar to look for the dude and bike. turns out he was riding around and a drunk driver ran a red light and hit him. hes in intensive care and his leg may be amputated.

so please, dont drink and drive.

cliffs
- girl i like lets this guy borrow her harley
- girl never gets call from the guy all day
- girl goes looking for guy and bike
- girl finds out guy was hit by a drunk driver and is in critical condition.

Jimmy2times

White, middle-class
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
cc should have a "pray for" list. haha.

but seriously, ouch. he'll be in my prayers.

connies96hatchie

Reinvent Your Shell!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
More of a reason why I'm in AA right now because I don't want to get to that point of where I'm driving after drinking at a bar.

kyle10182

NA is Best
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
i have a question for the people that go to bars every weekend/night. When you go to the bar and get s**t faced, how do you get home? I've seen people in the bar by themselves drunk as s**t....and i always wonder. sometimes i see a group of three and they are all drunk....is it common for people like this to call a cab? or is it more common then i think for them to just drive home drunk?

EatingYourBrainsY0

Team Sin Motorsports
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ouch.
driving drunk is defiantly something i hope most people learn.
esp in our cars.

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
How bad is it? When will it recover?

The Harley.

connies96hatchie

Reinvent Your Shell!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i have a question for the people that go to bars every weekend/night. When you go to the bar and get s**t faced, how do you get home? I've seen people in the bar by themselves drunk as s**t....and i always wonder. sometimes i see a group of three and they are all drunk....is it common for people like this to call a cab? or is it more common then i think for them to just drive home drunk?
I always have a DD or one of my friends in the group to not drink at the bar that night with us. Usually if we all come in seprate cars we leave our cars whereever we parked them last. Gotta get them the next morning is the only problem. It's not a problem if you live in the city you can call a cab. But when your in the city and live in the burbs like myself, I usually drag a DD with me. Sometimes they aren't always there to drag my drunk ass home, so in those cases I sit at home and get on CC instead of going out. It's a conscience effort. I know right from wrong.

If your drinking, for every 8oz to 12oz drink, you have to give yourself enough resting time (an hourif not more) for each drink before you can drive. (I learned that in Drivers Ed over 11 years ago. :lol: )

People don't think wise thoughts while their under the influence. So it's those 8 out of 10 people that go out driving after having so many drinks.

eskateboarding7

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
drunk drivers are the stupidest f**king people alive, thats the stupidest thing you can do honestly.

Kaotic_Zeus

Most hated man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
i wonder the same thing.

\\ Forgiven //

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
or is it more common then i think for them to just drive home drunk?
My mom and her friends (all 35+, and immature as s**t) do it almost every weekend. At least 2 of them have gotten DUI's. Needless to say I avoided the roads at 2AM when I lived on the Eastern Shore with her.

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
him and his family will be in my prayers.

sohclubkid

Sick 6/6
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
thanks guys for the kind thoughts.

my friend has kept me updated... hes doing better. hes sedated but coherent. he can nod, and squeez his hand, but they are still unsure if his leg will be saveable. he needs facial reconstructive surgery, and if they can save his leg he will need an artificial knee. hes still in ICU.

im hoping for the best.

sohclubkid

Sick 6/6
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
update from my friend
"spoke to mrs pat today and she said that pete's neck surgery went excelent.. so did the leg surgery that he had earlier this week. they managed to remove the spinal cord from the cracked vertebrea and they say that good possibility that he will not be paraylized... thank god he is going to be okay but we still need to keep him in our prayers... progress could change at any moment.. he will still be in the medicated coma for about another month... love you pete"