Don't tattoo your armpit. s**t hurts.

Wolfy

Your mom's boyfriend
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Fun trivia fact, Japanese tattoo artists won't do tattoos in that area (the armpit and general underarm) because they believe that's where your soul comes out when you die.

JiuJitsu_greg

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
looks like high quality work. why by your pit though?

Jeegz

Did sum1 say mud??
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i like it but i have the same question. why your pit?

Hatch_Of_Doom

death's just death
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Fun trivia fact, Japanese tattoo artists won't do tattoos in that area (the armpit and general underarm) because they believe that's where your soul comes out when you die.
Indeed, thus why traditional Japanese tattoos will do your forearms, and then the upper arm will only be the front, not the inner arm.

looks like high quality work. why by your pit though?
Easy Answer: My right arm is tattooed completely on the outside part, so this finished it up "half-sleevish"

Long Answer: My outer arm was done by a guy who's a squater at a local shop. He only stays in a city for like 2 months at a time, moves around. He just came back from San Francisco on Christmas, is only in town for a couple days, wanted some quick cash, he called me up to come in.

I had no idea what exactly I wanted, was thinking about doing my chest, my side of abdomen, just something new. He said we should finish up the arm he already had work on, i said 'f**k it lets do it'

Sammo115

It be me, Sammo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Wow, clean looking work. props to the artist. Is it an orginal design?

Hatch_Of_Doom

death's just death
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yup. The guy did a bleeding heart with lotus flowers on the opposite side of arm which was freehand drawn onto my arm. He did this sketch in like 10 minutes, added the leaves and blood freehand.

Hatch_Of_Doom

death's just death
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
This is the opposite side of arm it blends into. Shitty quality pic I know.

Wolfy

Your mom's boyfriend
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
My outer arm was done by a guy who's a squater at a local shop. He only stays in a city for like 2 months at a time, moves around. He just came back from San Francisco on Christmas, is only in town for a couple days, wanted some quick cash, he called me up to come in.

I had no idea what exactly I wanted, was thinking about doing my chest, my side of abdomen, just something new. He said we should finish up the arm he already had work on, i said 'f**k it lets do it'
Talk about helpin a guy out. :thumbs up

It's something I would never get personally, but they both look awesome.

Destroy

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yeah sorry I really cant say that the quality is all that good... I really dont see a heart on your arm piece... his shading just look like smudges and the blood was not represented well on either tats. Its awesome if you like it, at least you got some color up there... mine are all black and gray.

God your such a f**king nerd.

Wolfy

Your mom's boyfriend
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
God your such a f**king nerd.
At least I can admit it. :lol:

But I only know this because this guy in my shop tried to get his underarm tattooed but no one on this island would do it... he finally found one guy that would... he used to be Yakuza, but not anymore, and now he's missing 3 fingers. :lol:

Destroy

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
At least I can admit it. :lol:

But I only know this because this guy in my shop tried to get his underarm tattooed but no one on this island would do it... he finally found one guy that would... he used to be Yakuza, but not anymore, and now he's missing 3 fingers. :lol:
Traditionally only gang members use to get tats, but things are slowly starting to change. I definitely want to drop a few grand and get something done here.

MR99si

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
10 years from now your gonna say to yourself WTF was I thinking!

bizoneoeh

Ex-Gang Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Don't tattoo your armpit. s**t hurts.
Pussy! If you think that hurts let me post up a pic I have of girl that has a tattoo around her a*****e :shock: Now that would hurt.

Looks f**king good tho :thumbs up I wish we had good artist like that over here.

10 years from now you're gonna say to yourself, "why didn't I ever get any" :(

spook4thecia

Who Dat
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Nice tat bet that s**t did hurt

What if they inked a door?

Hatch_Of_Doom

death's just death
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yeah sorry I really cant say that the quality is all that good... I really dont see a heart on your arm piece... his shading just look like smudges and the blood was not represented well on either tats. Its awesome if you like it, at least you got some color up there... mine are all black and gray.

All in the eye of the beholder, and very understandable. :D Pics were taken about 20 minutes after leaving the shop, so its all fresh an still got some s**t wrong with it.

I wanted him to make the blood kinda weird looking, like linework, so I'm cool with it.

Shading looks smudged because thats how black ink looks. For first couple days it looks like red bruised skin and smudged black before it heals.

DirtyD

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Not likely, tattoos are FAR less taboo than they were ten even five years ago. Now the only people i know sans tattoos are conservative, old, or both.