Door auto locking

seaman

5+ Year Member
I own a 2006 Coupe EX Civic. Following the driver's manual, I setup the doors to lock automaticaly at 15 kph and to unlock when I stop the car. Now I have 2 questions:

1-Is there a way that I could setup the passenger's door to unlock as well as the driver's door ? Right now only the driver's door unlock while I stop the car.

2-How to reinitialise this setup ? How can I reset the system to keep the door unlock all the time, like it was originaly ?

Thanks !

GETxERxDONE

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
same car i have and setup i have. when i first turned it on it did both passenger and drivers door autounlock but it stopped unlocking the passenger door for some reason.

and if you look in your manual just past where it says how to turn it on it says how to turn it off its basically the same thing though just a few changes

seaman

5+ Year Member
I tried their "unlocking" method but it did not work. Maybe I'll try again tomorrow....

GETxERxDONE

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yeah i was gonna retry it turn all auto locking/unlocking features off and then back on and if it still dont work ill call honda. but ours might be alittle dif since yours is the canadian version?

seaman

5+ Year Member
GETxERxDONE said:
yeah i was gonna retry it turn all auto locking/unlocking features off and then back on and if it still dont work ill call honda. but ours might be alittle dif since yours is the canadian version?
Well, you lucky guys avec the trunk access on your remote, in Canada we don't ! I really don't understand why Honda is so cheap with us....

gearbox

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
well you could put in a remote trunk pop and get an aftermarket alarm to open it. thats what i have, by chance the 01 accord latch popper fits the 01-05 civics perfectly.

seaman

5+ Year Member
Well, i don't need an alarm and will not pay for it, but I could buy a remote starter and then use the remote for the trunk as well. How can you install a remote trunk pop ?

Also it's just too bad that the Honda's remote buttons are on the key, I cannot leave the key at home while I'm using a starter remote. I'll have to carry both and it's annoying.....