Door convertion

marneli10

Registered VIP
Ok guys I have a 94 cx with manual role down windows I was wondering if it is posobile to convert them to automatic like the si or ex if so what will I need any help plz thanks

civhatch92

That's my honda.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member

Ed[K*]

GO! GO! GADGET VTEC!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yes its possible.
for a proper conversion you should first pick up some ex/si power doors from a junk yard along with the window motors that make the window go up/down. also get some panels. google is your best friend here. look up the diy for it. GL!

marneli10

Registered VIP
Ok thanks will any ex doors fit well from 92-95 but does it have to be coupe it dont matter

ImThaBean

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You can use your doors, all the mounting locations are there already. You just need everything on the power doors. plus wiring. As for what cars you can get them from. all 92-95 hatch/coupes. Sedans have different doors and internals.
But like everyone has said. research, research, research. Read each and every DIY you can find on google and forums.

Just a FYI, they DON'T all have the FULL start to finish details. I learned that when I did mine. It's not difficult just VERY time consuming. It took me 2 days to do it solo.

marneli10

Registered VIP
Ok well I tryed searching and cant find any thing just some but realy dont help alot does any one know were I can find a good diy that has everthing I need to know like wireing is the most important thanks

ImThaBean

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Myself said:
research, research, research. Read each and every DIY you can find on google and forums.

Just a FYI, they DON'T all have the FULL start to finish details. I learned that when I did mine. It's not difficult just VERY time consuming. It took me 2 days to do it solo.
If you searched and didn't find anything, you didn't look hard enough or care to look hard enough.

Start here: First H-T link- the one with lots of pics

Then 2 pages in THIS gem pops up. Like I said, there is no one DIY written that takes you from start to finish. With all the DIYs out there, you can gather enough information to be confident enough to take it on.