Door Jam Harness

Livin_Legend

5+ Year Member
Purchased this 97 Ek coupe Hx model about 2 weeks ago and it has a few things wrong with it. I started messing with the driver speaker because it wasn't working. I checked for continuity on the speaker wires and didn't have any. Sooo, i took off the driver side fender and unplugged the door harness and as i pulled back the rubber boot, wires were separating from the harness connectors. (about 4 wires) The harness was covered in white grease "i Assume for corrosion" so i couldn't tell where the wires that separated came from. Has anyone came across this problem and if they did what did they do? Is there a replacement harness that i can splice in replacement of the original? II was considering of hard wiring the doors with some nice connectors so if i do need to remove the door in the future i can. Any suggestions???:?:

ferio_vi-RS

5+ Year Member
welcome to the world of hondas stupid design, it's a problem with ek's and that white grease it not corrossion Its ment to protect but it's not working. I've got the same problem but mine even worst I've lost my power locks don't work only when I open the door fully LOL and my passenger window doesn't work. The only thing to do is repair the harness because it all connected to the dash. Might I suggest going to the scrap yard and finding a door like your beause some times the cut that harness right off rather then diconnecting it. so grab that harness, take off your door and get fixing. Pull out the pins that the wire are broken using a small pick and taking that wire out from the harness you got from the junk yard. Puting it into your harness connector and sodering the wires together

Civic Stud

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Purchased this 97 Ek coupe Hx model about 2 weeks ago and it has a few things wrong with it. I started messing with the driver speaker because it wasn't working. I checked for continuity on the speaker wires and didn't have any. Sooo, i took off the driver side fender and unplugged the door harness and as i pulled back the rubber boot, wires were separating from the harness connectors. (about 4 wires) The harness was covered in white grease "i Assume for corrosion" so i couldn't tell where the wires that separated came from. Has anyone came across this problem and if they did what did they do? Is there a replacement harness that i can splice in replacement of the original? II was considering of hard wiring the doors with some nice connectors so if i do need to remove the door in the future i can. Any suggestions???:?:

I might have the plug and wires you need. Let me know if your interested and I'll look into it a little closer.

Livin_Legend

5+ Year Member
I might have the plug and wires you need. Let me know if your interested and I'll look into it a little closer.
I'm interested. The door harness looks pretty intact but the harness coming from the cabin is screwed. And the yards around here have honda's that only the skeleton remains. lol..