Door panel removal for 2997 Civic?

civicjon

5+ Year Member
How do I remove door panels to insulate noise for better stereo sound in 2007 Civic sedan? Dynamat or Hushmat, which is better?

GETxERxDONE

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
not sure as the 2997 year civics arent out yet.

but if you meant the 1997 civics you are in the wrong section. so ill move it.

J-Tizzle

5+ Year Member
Theres not much difference between the two sound deadening products. You can get some cheap stuff on eBay, it works pretty well.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Judging by in his sentence he said 2007, I'm going to guess 1997 may be slightly incorrect chief. haa

GETxERxDONE

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i didnt see it in the actual thread, i was looking at the title (2997) lol just coming home from a 12 hr shift FTL

AllTracCelica

300whp / 230torque
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
lol future cars are coming alive this early? Lol going to be a while before you see that car.

But the two different mats should be comparable to each pretty much all of them are made of same materiel just different thickness and size.

khooper

5+ Year Member
This is what I have done in my previous car also try using Lambo Door Kit this might help

1. Remove the end plate covers on the pull strap(tiny flathead to avoid breaking)

2. unscrew screws with regular size flathead or appropriate size phillips star

3. remove plate behind chrome pull handle(tiny flathead again)

4. remove entire door lock plate with pull strap.

5. remove door panel by pushing up and out towards you

*note* it is not necessary to remove window switch/seat plate ...all wires can be disconnected from rear once door panel is off door