double din dvd player

touge_monster

i have a 99 civic si and i wanted to know if anyone has ever install a double din dvd player in the lower dash pocket. i don't want to install it on the top dash due to it being to flashy and i know if i install it in the lower pocket i wouldn't be able to see it that well but that's where i would like it to be. Any info or pictures of anyone that has ever done this before would be very helpful :P

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I don't see how that would be possible without some fiberglass work. The sheer size of the double din is more than that of the lower console.

takeachance

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I have a car pc in my car which is far better than any dvd player and I have had a custom molded 7" screen for years now and never one issue.

touge_monster

yea i kinda thought it wouldn't fit too but how about the flip screen, you guys think it would come out ok

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yea i kinda thought it wouldn't fit too but how about the flip screen, you guys think it would come out ok
If it is anything like my 5th gen was then the screen will hit if the car is in 1st, 3rd, or 5th. Just have to make sure it is in neutral, 2nd, 4th, or reverse when you turn the stereo on or turn the key.

If it's an automatic it will hit when it is in park as well.

stcopley

Trollin in the Deep
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yea on an ek, a flip screen be just fine. that's where I'm installing mine too.

stcopley

Trollin in the Deep
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I don't have it in yet. Just done my measurements. Plenty of room