Dreaded Cel Code 43

clean92hatch

Hellow CC im just goin to get to the point. i have the "code 43" i have changed fuel filter,fuel pump and o2 sensor on my car i only have one n that one is on the ex maanifold hte light come on every 2-3 days only i cut the car off in it goes away for 2-3 days n also i get this sputterin wen in first gear at about 2500-3000 WHAT IS WRONG WITH MY BABY? PLEASE HELP ME

RonJ

Banned
Measure the fuel pressure with and without the FPR vacuum hose connected:

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i got this same code in my CRX yesterday, i have a leak on my gas tank, i think that is what caused mine, i changed the fuel filter last week.

Chris.

Stickin' it to the man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
like what steve said... a leak can casue that...

a leaky gas tank can cause a ton of driveability issues... as well as very poor mileage. 120 miles on a tank of gas blows.

i had an injector seal fail on me once... i lost almost a half tank of gas in a very short distance. im lucky it didnt catch fire.

clean92hatch

i know i got to wait n buy a fpt to check it cause i love my car an i dont want nothin to go wrong with it i have big plans for the hatch

RonJ

Banned
If you don't smell a gasoline leak, then test the fuel pressure regulator by measuring the fuel pressure (see diagram) and also check the fuel injectors.

clean92hatch

b4 wen i had the bad o2 sensor i could smell fuel but now that i changed it it gets way betta mpg i just feel that im burnin to much gas still for a 1.5 non-vtec and it bein a stick shift but anyway im gonna have some money comin to me soon so i should be able to check it hopefully its just a bad FPR or anything but that f**kin tank

clean92hatch

mr.ronj im still burnin hella gas im still gettin only about 210 to a tank i changed everything but the fuel tank but i have a pcv valve comin today but how man o2 sensos do my car have cause i only see 1 n thats on the manifold i checked buy the cat n i dont see any dangling wires or even a whole from were one is suppose to be would that be the reason y im burning so much gas cause the thing i figured out was that the p05 is 4 the 8valve and p06 is 4 16valve so i got some of my gas milage back so please help me