driver door lock screwed?

HondaCRX881

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
So, long story short wife's sisters car is now my wifes car, 03 civic lx coupe, never came with keyless remote, im pretty sure the driver lock is screwed somehow cuz trying to unlock with the original key, you put the key in and you cant turn it either way. Any ideas? maybe some linkage in there screwed up or the lock itself is just junk? oh yea the drivers seat is crap also with the loose rocking chair issue. Anyone have a cheap fix for that?

Thanks

dj_cronic_metal

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
open up the door panel and take a lookie. If it has an anti theft system with it you should be able to unlock with that atleast.

HondaCRX881

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
nah, no anittheft, just straight up key action. you can unluck and lock the door from the inside with the power locks but the key hole i think is effed. i want to take the door panel off but its a little chilly here in MN with no garage heat

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
turn on the car, turn the heater on full blast, wear sweaters and jackets and long clothes, sit in the car while taking off door panel =)

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Im not sure how cold it is in Minnesota right now, but I have the same problem with my drivers side door lock when it is cold outside, it binds up, its not frozen, it just wont unlock. Warm the car up by driving for maybe 10-20 minutes during the middle of the day and then try to unlock it. I think this is a defect with 7th gens because my other friend has the same problem.

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
mines doesnt do that.. -___- then again the coldest we've seen this season was like 40 degrees haha

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
mines doesnt do that.. -___- then again the coldest we've seen this season was like 40 degrees haha
well s**t man thats why, im talkin overnight where it gets to like 10 here.

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
well s**t man thats why, im talkin overnight where it gets to like 10 here.
haha... f**k that. im in texas, desert people, we like to stay hot.

HondaCRX881

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i dont think the warmth is going to help, im thinking might need a new lock

gearbox

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
exact same happened to me. i looked but couldnt find the problem. i dont use key so it doesnt matter anyway