driver side door isnt water tight...

jazzyJAE

Pandora's box
ok, so the previous owner(s) of my car, at some point, tried to pry open the door, because along the top of the door, on the roof area of the car, there are a bunch of little dents and scratches and stuff (i'd post a pic but its pouring outside) and there is water getting in and dripping right down onto my door panel. i want to know if there is any way to adjust the latch on the door so it closes a little tighter, or just anything to make the door close more snug. thanks in advance! =)

Deezy

silent partner
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Loosen the striker screws, and tap the striker with a plastic hammer.......

jazzyJAE

Pandora's box
Well, it didn't work, as soon as I twisted the screwdriver in there, it stripped it like the screw is made out of plastic... Joy

jazzyJAE

Pandora's box
bump... we had a good amount of rain the other day, and water was dripping in about every 4 seconds, so i got a tad bit wet. could the weather stripping around the door be a possible cause for the leak?

kozy6871

bump... we had a good amount of rain the other day, and water was dripping in about every 4 seconds, so i got a tad bit wet. could the weather stripping around the door be a possible cause for the leak?
A new door might be the right answer. You might try and physically pull the top of the door into the car.

jazzyJAE

Pandora's box
A new door might be the right answer. You might try and physically pull the top of the door into the car.
the door itself is in good shape, it seems to be coming in from the top right corner of the door (when looking at the driver's side of the car) there's a tiny little gap, i haven't had time to take it to my bodyshop and ask my guy what it could be, so im hoping to collect as much stuff as i can to give him an idea what it might be