Driver-side window motor keeps burning out!!!!

Jaydubs914

OK. So i bought a 97 civic ex coupe stock from this guy, the driver-side window wasn't working when I bought it and i figured it probably needed a new motor and regulator, easy enough fix right? So i went and just checked the window switch to make sure that worked, it did and the passenger window works fine. So I bought a new regulator and motor from Honda, installed it, and my driver window worked fine! That was Wednesday. It worked all the way up to last night (Thursday night) because when I came out to roll down my windows this morning (Friday morning) it wont do anything. No sounds or clicks or anything, but the passenger side window keeps working. The fuses under the steering wheel are fine, and the window switch is fine. So WTF >:(

Someone help me. I'm leaving for vacation tomorrow and Id like to not have to use my sunroof to hand toll money out.

Vtec Missing

Did the window roll up or down slow after you put in the new motor and regulator

RonJ

Banned
Sounds like the old motor and regulator were probably fine and there was a separate problem.

A common cause of power window issues is due to wires breaking in the connector located in the door jam. Carefully inspect those wires for the driver's side door.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I suggest you take apart the recently installed regulator & motor and test the motor uninstalled. If it works, check the run channels. Perhaps your tracks are loose & the glass keeps getting wedged. If you kept the old motor, you may want to test it as well. Perhaps it still works & you could sell it to recuperate some funds.

mc360

boosted hx
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yes check the wires in between the door and fender, maybe try rolling the window up and down with the door open or shut in a couple different positions to see if it might work, if so then it for sure is a broken wire